EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul

EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul

27 Reply
Re:RE315 Supports EasyMesh Over Ethernet Backhaul
2024-01-30 09:28:32

@David-TP 

Hello. I have tested RE315 with another vendor and Easymesh over Ethernet works like magic! 

Please pass the information to developers that this option is much needed on the market and there are virtually no competitors right now that offer this functionality.

I look forward to getting Easymesh over Ethernet in any model with 1Gigabit Ethernet port, as RE315 only has 100Megabit. Let us know if any of the 1Gig models are getting new firmware soon.

Thank you very much!

Options
2024-02-19 09:48:40

@David-TP Hello,

I also hope that the RE700X and the RE705X in V1 both receive the Ethernet Backhaul update.

Thanks

Options
2024-03-06 09:51:48

@David-TP 

The RE800BE is far from a comparable device - for the size of it, and the cost, you might as well be using a full-on Router (e.g. a C80) as an EasyMesh satellite! 

Range Extenders with EasyMesh Ethernet Back-haul is what is being requested - you know, the much-smaller plug-in devices, not something the size of a shoe-box that needs its own shelf. :)

Options
Re:EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul
2 weeks ago

@David-TP it would be really great if EasyMesh wired backhaul support is added for the RE815XE, because so we can use the much faster/reliable 1GBE port and WiFi 6E to support 4k video and Meta Quest 3 PC VR streaming. Thank you.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP : Dear David,

I bought the BE800(EU) few months ago, and in parallel I also added in my network the RE815XE which promised according to the web page a Backhaul through 6 GHz, which is not the case!

I'm ready to pull some cabling in of my apartment (yes, I've got big load-bearing walls) so I can get a good quality network.

In fact, since adding the RE815XE, I've noticed that the link is made through 2.4GHz, which limits my use quite a bit. I have a 10Gb/sec internet link, which can be a bit frustrating.

In addition, the current infrastructure isn't up to my expectations, as the EasyMesh network doesn't allow multiple SSIDs (guest wifi through the same link), but I was kind of expecting that for a mass-market product.

I'm in a tricky situation, because when I saw that TP-Link was at an advanced technological level in terms of WiFi standards, I now realize that, unfortunately, I've bought empty shells.

It's inconceivable that the only repeater that supports the 6E standard still has the old OneMesh standard, and that features such as ethernet backhaul can't be considered on equipment that's top of the line.

The standards I'm interested in are 802.11r/k/v, which are only compatible with EasyMesh connections (for TP-Link products).

I'm sure that the precision of my comments has shown you that I'm an IT professional, more exactly a workplace solution architect, and as such I can't recommend TP-Link products to the SMEs that consult me.

What's more, we had to wait almost two months for an update containing security patches, which makes the solution very insecure in a world where computers and their components are constantly under attack. 

I can't recommend TP-Link products at the moment (Omada is also one of them), it's a shame, I really hope we'll be able to find a good solution to this situation.

Options
Friday

@Le-Roux 

I completely agree with you

I have an RE700X and easymesh via ethernet backhaul doesn't work. My old repeater, a Fritzbox 1750E from 2017 supports it when enabling wifi mesh.

It is absurd.

On top of that, I can't enable a guest network on this new device working as AP.

Please Tplink we need this features ASAP

Options
Friday

Hi, @shakur92 & @Le-Roux .

I contacted Customer Support some weeks ago about this subject, and they said this:

"As for your concern, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, the RE550 is expected to be supported this year, while other models will need to wait until next year for new firmware support. However, it is worth noting that we cannot guarantee the release time of the firmware for reasons such as firmware testing."

So, in 2023 the only Range Extender that received it was the RE315, and for the whole year of 2024, they are only planning to add it to a single Range Extender model. And even that they are not guaranteeing.

How to describe this?

They don't seem to care enough about it.

Options