TL-WPA8630 compatible with TAPO switch

2023-12-06 16:06:11 - last edited 2023-12-08 21:33:50
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a garden room connected to my wifi hub using a TL-WPA8630 V1.0. I want to replace a light switch in the room with a TAPO switch. Will it work through the TL-WPA8630 V1.0 or do I need to uy a TAPO hub

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TL-WPA8630 compatible with TAPO switch-Solution
2023-12-08 19:00:52 - last edited 2023-12-08 21:33:54

@OldTom 

Hi,

The answer to your question will depend on what model of Tapo switch you are considering.

Tapo switches that support Wi-Fi can be directly connected to a Wi-Fi network, while Tapo switches that only support TP-Link's propriatary wireless require a Tapo hub.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-08 21:33:20 - last edited 2023-12-08 21:33:50

@woozle  Thank you. I couldn't connect the TCP-Link smart switch to wifi and one gang switch was intermittent. I contacted the TCP customer service and was told that the TAPO switch would work through the TL-WPA8630. It didn't so I bought a TAPO hub H100 and that works with the app  in the house on battery power. Will connect to the lights in the studio tomorrow and hopefully all will be well.

woozle wrote

@OldTom 

Hi,

The answer to your question will depend on what model of Tapo switch you are considering.

Tapo switches that support Wi-Fi can be directly connected to a Wi-Fi network, while Tapo switches that only support TP-Link's propriatary wireless require a Tapo hub.

woozle wrote

@OldTom 

Hi,

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2023-12-08 19:00:52 - last edited 2023-12-08 21:33:54

@OldTom 

Hi,

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-08 21:33:20 - last edited 2023-12-08 21:33:50

@woozle  Thank you. I couldn't connect the TCP-Link smart switch to wifi and one gang switch was intermittent. I contacted the TCP customer service and was told that the TAPO switch would work through the TL-WPA8630. It didn't so I bought a TAPO hub H100 and that works with the app  in the house on battery power. Will connect to the lights in the studio tomorrow and hopefully all will be well.

woozle wrote

@OldTom 

Hi,

woozle wrote

@OldTom 

Hi,

Recommended Solution
Options