X50 outdoor PoE issue

X50 outdoor PoE issue

X50 outdoor PoE issue
X50 outdoor PoE issue
2023-12-07 12:02:37 - last edited 2023-12-11 10:24:32
Model: Deco X50-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have one of these units installed indoors. It's worked fine using LAN backhaul and AC power.  

I just moved it to a different location and bought a TP Link PoE switch to use it with PoE.

TP-Link PoE Switch 8-Port Gigabit - TL-SG1008P

4 PoE+ Ports up to 30 W For Each PoE Port and 64 W For All PoE Ports

When I powered it back up the light was solid green, but the unit wasn't showing as connected to my mesh in the Deco app

I checked the switch to ensure there is both power and link. See below port 2 showing full power and 1000Mbps

Next I removed the X50 from my Deco app network, then unplugged the ethernet cable and plugged back in to reboot the device.

This resulted in yellow (booting), then flashing red (disconnected), then finally Solid Green again... but it's still nowhere to be seen in my network!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:X50 outdoor PoE issue-Solution
2023-12-08 03:18:29 - last edited 2023-12-11 10:24:32

@tech-dad 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

"Removing" Deco from the Deco APP is also to reset the Deco X50-Out from your cloud account.

Since it was removed when Deco X50-Out was offline, the command didn't sync with the hardware, only on the APP, which might explain where it was no longer on the Deco APP, but the hardware is still solid green.

So, you could click "add a Deco unit" on the Deco APP>"+"top right corner.

After that, if Deco X50-Out was still displayed "Offline" even though the LED was solid green, it might be a potential bug of the APP. I will highly appreciate if you could help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:X50 outdoor PoE issue-Solution
2023-12-08 03:18:29 - last edited 2023-12-11 10:24:32

@tech-dad 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

"Removing" Deco from the Deco APP is also to reset the Deco X50-Out from your cloud account.

Since it was removed when Deco X50-Out was offline, the command didn't sync with the hardware, only on the APP, which might explain where it was no longer on the Deco APP, but the hardware is still solid green.

So, you could click "add a Deco unit" on the Deco APP>"+"top right corner.

After that, if Deco X50-Out was still displayed "Offline" even though the LED was solid green, it might be a potential bug of the APP. I will highly appreciate if you could help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Related Articles