Powerline and Wifi configuration

2023-12-08 07:16:56
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I use power line adaptor AV500 for a PC Ethernet connection at the extremity of my house and I also activated Wifi to extend the coverage in this part of the house.

I'm wondering how to configure (and I'm not very experienced..) the Wifi to have the best behavior because for the moment, connection is almost poor..

I believed I would obtain an extension of the Wifi but it's a new network called TP-Link_Fxxxx, using another WiFi channel and another bandwidth, than the original signal in 2.4Ghz band (SFR_xxx)

Mobile phones or laptop have to manually disconnect from the SFR network and reconnect to the TPLINK network when arriving in this area and even if the signal is good, the throughput is quite low... (90Mbits/s at the ethernet port, max 3-4Mbits/s for the wifi just in front of the adaptor and not very stable)

Should it be better to configure the same SSID, password, channel and bandwidth ? Will it allow to not have to manually change the network in wifi parameters when moving in the house ?

Another idea ?

Thanks !

File:
Screenshot_20231208_075507_WiFi Analyzer.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline and Wifi configuration
2023-12-08 18:41:36

@roadbuster 

Hi,

You can download the user guide for the TL-WPA4220 KIT V1 from this webpage. It contains all the instructions.

You can try the easy way to "clone" the Wi-Fi settings of the router to the TL-WPA4220 or you could log into the TL-WPA4220 and configure the Wi-Fi manually as you'd like.

How good (or bad) your phones and laptop will be switching between the Wi-Fi of the router and the Wi-Fi of the TL-WPA4220 still depends on the phones and laptop themselves.

To make it convenient for you I am pasting the part of the user guide that deals with the "Wi-Fi clone" feature right here:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Related Articles