MR6400 dropping connection only at night

2023-12-13 09:30:41
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220506 Rel.57555n

Hi there, 

I am using the MR-6400 to connect a Ring security system and cameras and everything has been fine up until a few weeks ago. 

Every night starting from 10pm, my Ring alerts go off to say that the security system has gone into mobile back up meaning it's lost internet connection. When I look at the cameras, it has indeed no connection. 

This could happen anywhere from 2 - 8 times a night. 

I have looked at the logs and there's no much except these errors that appear now and again. 

ERROR: Verbose Call end reason = 50, type = 6.

ERROR: 0x00000047 QMI_ERR_INVALID_QMI_CMD

There also doesn't appear to be logs that coincide with all the incidents. I'm not sure if this is the router restarting itself? 

As I said, connection is only dropping at night, I have read in other places that could this be to do with the carrier towers dropping our connection on purpose as it's not needed?

I have since changed the network mode to 4G only but just wondering if anyone has any further help or reasonings to why this could be happening?

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:MR6400 dropping connection only at night
2023-12-14 06:52:10

@Frostedlynx 

Hi, when the issue happens, is anyone still using internet access and notice the internet disconnections? and will it always recover automatically in a few seconds or minutes?

To confirm whether the router reboots itself, you could check the LEDs if possible, if not, please check the time of system logs, as rebooting will clear all previous logs.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:MR6400 dropping connection only at night
2023-12-14 07:04:36

@Sunshine Hi there,

Thank you for replying.

No, no one is using the internet except for the Ring setup which is notifying me of disconnects.  Yes it does recover itself after a few mins. 

So from yesterday's logs, it appears that it did reboot itself around midnight as the logs then appear about 2am where it disconnects again but doesn't reboot. 

Same happened yesterday fine throughout the day and disconnects again started around 10:30pm. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 2

Related Articles