Archer AX73 - LAN 1 port problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-14 13:14:39 - last edited 2023-12-14 13:15:41
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer AX73(US)_V2_1.0.12 Build 20231023

I've had the AX73 router for exactly 1 week without any problems. Yesterday I went to turn on my DESKTOP and it appeared that the LAN 1 port cable was disconnected. However, it was connected the same way from day one without any problems. So I decided to switch to LAN 2, and then it connected normally. So I thought there had already been a problem on LAN 1, since the cable wasn't there.

So instead of changing the cable, I did a test by connecting my NOTEBOOK ON LAN 1 with another cable and it worked perfectly.

And then I returned the previous DESKTOP cable to LAN 1 and it was recognized normally again. So I left it this way and turned off the computer.

Today I went to turn on my DEKTOP plugged into LAN 1 again and the problem happened again. I unplugged and plugged the cable in and plugged it back into LAN 1 and it came back. This is a big problem for me because I use WAN ON LAN to be able to access the computer remotely and the fact that LAN 1 sometimes doesn't work automatically is a big problem.

The router is an AX73 V2.0(US) with updated firmware (Archer AX73(US)_V2_1.0.12 Build 20231023).

Could this be a software problem that a hard reset would work or does it have the characteristics of a hardware problem with the router?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 - LAN 1 port problem
2023-12-15 03:37:08

@vrsbueno 

Hi, please switch the desktop to other LAN ports and monitor for longer time and check if there is similar issue after turning off the desktop and then turning back on.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-16 13:10:00 - last edited 2023-12-16 13:13:35

@Sunshine 

Switched to Port 2 and the problem persists.

Just for testing, I disabled all security options (Firewall and ALG) and reran the tests, with the same result: wake on lan was intermittent.

It is as if after turning off the computer, the port to which the cable is connected was asleep and only responded after turning on the computer (in this case, manually as Wake on Lan is not functional).

It's not a port-specific problem, it's not a cable problem, and it's not a computer problem. I had a Redmi router that I replaced with the AX73 and I had no problem with WoL.

Another thing I did was create IP&MAC Binding for my Desktop.

Options
2023-12-17 12:50:04

@Sunshine After testing two different and inferior routers (D-Link AC1200, Kaon CG3600T) and not to mention that with my old Redmi AX6 it worked perfectly, I am sure that no matter which LAN port or cable it is connected to, Wake on Lan does not works correctly.

I noticed that if the computer is completely disconnected from the power supply (turn off the power strip after Windows shuts down), Wake on Lan on the TP-Link router will not work, because after turning on the power strip the Ethernet port does not respond. No lights are on, either on the router or on the computer. This no longer occurs in the three different routers mentioned above.

If I turn off the computer but keep it powered, the Ethernet signal is not lost. The problem with TP-Link is when the computer is completely turned off.

Can we consider it a defect? How can this be done?

Options