Jio Fiber network stops working as soon as start TP Link Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-15 04:07:56
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Jio Fiber installed and have setup two wifi networks and have a ethernet cable connected as well. Everything worked fine.

I purchased TP Link extender and set it up from the browser. The repeater worked fine as well.

However, as soon as I started repeater, both my JIo Wifi Networks and Ethernet LAN network stopped working. On troubleshooting, it gave error 'Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration" error. Followed all trouble shooting procedures of resetting IP, setting manual IP etc. but neither worked. Restarted Jio router, restarted laptop but nothing worked. Got another laptop to see if it was a laptop issue, but same issue on second laptop. Remembered the only change I did was installing TP Link Extender. So, I went off and switched off the extender. Voila, Jio FIber wifi and LAN both got connected and started working. I switched ON the extender and again same issue with Jio Router.

There is definitely some settings issue in TP Link extender which causes  Jio Fiber Router messing up its IP connections.

How do I solve this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Jio Fiber network stops working as soon as start TP Link Extender
2023-12-18 08:01:54

@TejasV Hi, It is suggested to refer to the following post:

Wi-Fi Range Extender Causing Host Router No Internet

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1808