Deco Network Security Key Problem

2023-12-15 15:28:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am having trouble connecting / switching to my Deco internet connection on my Windows 10 laptop, every time i try to connect it states the words(( Enter the Network Security Key).

Which i thought was always my Modem security key.?

But this does not work, any help on this would be very much appreciated.

My mobile is working fine.

Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Network Security Key Problem
2023-12-18 07:04:48

@Earthmatters 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think it might refer to the wireless password of Deco M9 Plus.

You can find it on the Deco APP>WiFi settings.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-18 11:26:37 - last edited 2023-12-18 11:31:45

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@Earthmatters 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think it might refer to the wireless password of Deco M9 Plus.

You can find it on the Deco APP>WiFi settings.

Best regards.

Hi David

Many thanks for your reply, have gone into my Deco App>WiFi settings and all it is showing me is the password that i set up with when i installed the app, perhaps it's somewhere else in the app but i have had a look but can't find it, i have the app downloaded on a Android mobile.

It's quite frustrating really as i have mentioned it's all working fine on my mobile but will not work on my Windows Laptop and that was the main reason in wanting the Deco M9 Plus system so i could use the Laptop in the back room.

Regards

Options
2023-12-18 13:01:55 - last edited 2023-12-18 13:09:57

Earthmatters wrote

It's quite frustrating really as i have mentioned it's all working fine on my mobile but will not work on my Windows Laptop and that was the main reason in wanting the Deco M9 Plus system so i could use the Laptop in the back room.

@Earthmatters 

I run Deco mesh with M9 Plus and I can connect desktops on Windows 10 and tablets on Windows 10 and 11 to it with no issues. I have time to help you troubleshoot this, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. I see no reason why you can't do with Deco M9 Plus what I can.

For starters, have you turned off your modem WiFi, leaving just Deco mesh WiFi? If not, please turn off your ISP modem WiFi and see if problem goes away.

If it does not, the next step would be for you to tell me what firmware version(s) your Deco units have. The easiest would be for you to open Update Deco in Deco app, make screenshot of it and post here. Example of that screenshot from my Deco app:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 3

Related Articles