Deco M4 wifi speed slow
Deco M4 wifi speed slow
2023-12-18 11:00:54
Tags: #speed
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

Hi

I have 6 M4's connected to my network. One is connected by cable to the service provider box. I use BT and am getting 500Mb to the house on fibre but only 200 to the device itself.

Its set with the Deco in WiFi Router mode rather than AP.

Any help appreciated as to seetings to change.

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 wifi speed slow
2023-12-19 06:23:47

@JonathanKnowles 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Is 200m/s the Ethernet speed directly from the main Deco M4? Or it is actually the wireless speed from the main M4?

If it is the wireless speed, could you please help me check the wireless link speed on the tested device:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Please make sure the QOS has been disabled or set to 1000m/s download/upload.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-12-19 08:44:02 - last edited 2023-12-19 08:44:24

@David-TP Hi. thanks for replying.

I am on BT and if I use their app, it gives 2 speeds on (presumably read from the hub/router) which is the speed to the box and it gives what we paid for (500)

the speed to the device itself is around 200 (again supplied by the BT app.

If I run speedtest I get similar values. Just ran it now and actually got 100!

For the TX rate is says 585

Thanks

Options
2023-12-19 09:43:03

@JonathanKnowles 

Hi, I believe BT router could also provide Wi-Fi connection?

So "the speed to the device itself is around 200 (again supplied by the BT app. If I run speedtest I get similar values. Just ran it now and actually got 100!"

Could you please help me confirm whether these two speedtest results from all from BT WiFi router, or 200 from BT, 100 from Deco?

Since Deco is connected behind BT router, its internet bandwidth will not be higher than the BT router bandwidth.

As for the TX rate, It is the maximum possible transfer speed you can expect from the router at that time. It is the transfer speed that the router can send, which is quite considerable since the whole bandwidth is about 500m/s. 

Link speed is what your computer is actually able to receive and will be affected by the distance from the router and possible interference in the household. So appart from the TX rate, how about the link speed on the tested client?

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-19 14:30:39

@David-TP ON the BT app it gives a speed of 500. This is the speed of the signal coming into the building/BT box. The 200 speed is the speed between whatever device and the Deco.

Not sure what the link speed is?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 214

Replies: 4

Tags

speed
Related Articles