Can find other networks, but cannot find my wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-18 17:00:04
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.5 v0001.0 Build 230810 Rel.40006n(4555)

Hi, from friday night my router not fuond my modem internet and i can not extend the wifi, i try to reset and setup again but i can't find may networks.

My network is vodafone and a try to restar the modem but nothig. What can I do?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can find other networks, but cannot find my wireless network
2023-12-18 20:30:38

@chinchiez 

Hi,

Does you Vodafone modem have dual-band Wi-Fi? If yes, can the Archer A5 find neither the 2.4 GHz network nor the 5 GHz network?

Can other devices find the modem's Wi-Fi, like your phone, tablet or computer?

Options
2023-12-18 20:41:29
yes, the modem is a dual band but neither frequency is found, other devices such as telephone or computer find the modem's wifi
Options
2023-12-18 22:05:04 - last edited 2023-12-18 22:05:33

@chinchiez 

I suggest you reset the router to factory default settings (refer to screenhot below) and see if that might fix it.

After the reset the Archer A5 will restart. When it's finished check if you can find the Archer A5's own wireless networks by using a phone or computer. The default network names should be printed on the sticker under the router. (should be something like TP-Link_**** and TP-Link_****_5G)

If that was okay, then switch the A5 to Range Extender mode and try again to search for the Wi-Fi networks of the Vodafone router.

Options
2023-12-19 08:50:01
Nothing, the problem don't fix :( I reset with the bottom also, but nothing
Options
2023-12-19 19:11:55

@chinchiez 

If after the reset you still cannot see the Archer A5's Wi-Fi networks "TP-Link_****" and "TP-Link_****_5G" and the Archer A5 also cannot see any Wi-Fi networks when you click the "Scan" button in Range Extender mode, then it must be broken. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 5

Related Articles