RE700X and EasyMesh

RE700X and EasyMesh

RE700X and EasyMesh
RE700X and EasyMesh
2023-12-18 20:10:18
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230509 Rel. 78185

I browse several forums from time to time and today on a Movistar forum someone asked about RE700X compatibility with EasyMesh. Apparently, Movistar is beginning to implement EasyMesh in their home routers and a user asked if his RE700X devices would be compatible once his home router is upgraded with EasyMesh compatible firmware. The response from Movistar was the following (translated):

"From the devices group. they tell us that independently of the Home Gateway Unit (HGU) model and firmware that you have at home, the TP-LINK extenders (and they are not the only ones on the market) do not use the EasyMesh protocol in a standard way as Movistar does in its HGUs and Base Port devices.

These devices (TP-LINK) add an upper logic layer that permits them to only communicate between themselves and therefore makes them incompatible with anything else.

It is for this reason that, even if you have an HGU with firmware that supports EasyMesh, they will not work in your home."

Could someone shed some light on this?  I would like to respond on the Movistar forum with something positive.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE700X and EasyMesh
2023-12-19 11:36:21

@jra11500 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to refer to Q4 here:

General Questions about EasyMesh

Q4. Can I use TP-Link EasyMesh devices with EasyMesh products from different manufacturers or companies? Are they compatible?

A. Theoretically, TP-Link EasyMesh will work with any EasyMesh-certified products due to the standardized EasyMesh technology. However, EasyMesh networking methods can vary based on the manufacturers, we highly recommend using TP-Link EasyMesh products together to ensure the best performance and full compatibility.

Best regards.

Options
Re:RE700X and EasyMesh
2023-12-21 09:25:32

@David-TP 

Thank-you for your response.  What concerns me is the comment by Movistar that the Tp-Link devices use "an upper logic layer which makes them incompatible".  I have several RE700X extenders that work well with my AX55 router but have never tested them with any 3rd party devices.  For me, it's not an important issue but the Movistar comments certainly were not favorable for those looking into using Tp-Link devices in their networks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 2

Related Articles