How Do I Configure Different Passwords for Guest Wireless Networks Depending on Their Speed?

How Do I Configure Different Passwords for Guest Wireless Networks Depending on Their Speed?

2023-12-22 05:53:26 - last edited 2023-12-27 08:25:36
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(5553)

I've noticed two different kinds of guest speed networks here.

1. 2.4 GHz

2. 5 GHz

Additionally, I want to create unique passwords for every network. How is it even possible?

https://bijutoha.com/
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How Do I Configure Different Passwords for Guest Wireless Networks Depending on Their Speed?-Solution
2023-12-25 06:20:31 - last edited 2023-12-27 08:25:36

@Basboi85 @bijutoha 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback。

According to the current product design, there is only one password for the guest network, and it is not possible to set different passwords for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz guest networks. We will take note of your feedback and report it to the relevant department for evaluation on the possibility of implementing such changes in the future.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How Do I Configure Different Passwords for Guest Wireless Networks Depending on Their Speed?
2023-12-22 11:11:15 - last edited 2023-12-22 11:33:01

@bijutoha 

Hi if I understand your question right. 

You can create seperate guest networks for different channels 2.4 and 5ghz. 

You can simply name for example 

Bijutohaguest2.4

Bijutohaguest5ghz

That will create seperate wifi names specific for your guest wifi network channels and keep your guests on the guest wifi network plus be able to obv get the better wifi speeds per wifi 2.4/5ghz. 

Unfortunately I just tried on my network to create different guest wifi passwords and I cant do it so I'm presuming that you can only set 1 guest wifi password for the entire guest network. 

I also beleive on the tether app on each network if you click on the i button next to the network name you can select the amount of bandwidth you want to allow each channel tp allow. 

I.e 

If you have 1gb connection but you want to allow a max of 150mb for the 5ghz network you can put that restriction there to make sure the rest of your network has adequate bandwith for the rest of you main network devices this will be the same for the 2.4 as well 

I thought by deselecting the smart connect on the main wifi settings would allow for the option to make the guest wifi be able to have their own wifi password but it doesn't. 

Strangley enough you can create seperate wifi passwords for the IOT 2.4/5Ghz network but not the guest network, I'm pretty sure you could do it before 🤔🤔🤔

@Sunshine @kevin_ any ideas what's gone on here? 

Options
Re:How Do I Configure Different Passwords for Guest Wireless Networks Depending on Their Speed?
2023-12-22 11:36:33
Options
Re:How Do I Configure Different Passwords for Guest Wireless Networks Depending on Their Speed?-Solution
2023-12-25 06:20:31 - last edited 2023-12-27 08:25:36

@Basboi85 @bijutoha 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback。

According to the current product design, there is only one password for the guest network, and it is not possible to set different passwords for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz guest networks. We will take note of your feedback and report it to the relevant department for evaluation on the possibility of implementing such changes in the future.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 3

Related Articles