Swapping to X75 - tips?

Swapping to X75 - tips?

Swapping to X75 - tips?
Swapping to X75 - tips?
2023-12-26 12:53:59
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Have decided to swap over to Deco XE75 mesh. Currently on Netgear RBK353 Mesh. Planning to use base + 1 satellite (2700sq. ft home)

I want to retain the current attached devices (without having to reset them again).

1. Apart from using the same SSID and the Password, do I also keep the WPA2-PSK(AES) the same?
  2. Should I consider 3 units system instead of 2?
  3. Currently I have 6 attached devices with Fixed ip addresses). Will these be retained after swap over?

Any other thoughts will be appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Swapping to X75 - tips?
2023-12-27 06:05:18

@wizzard1 

Hi, 

The default wireless security mode on Deco XE75 is also WPA2 so the wireless security would be the same as Netgear before.

If the house are separated by multiple rooms/walls, it would be better to have 3 units.

And since all Deco Mesh works together. You could also start with 2 units and add additional Deco later if needed.

The default LAN IP range on Deco is 192.168.68.xxx. I think it might be a problem for the reserved IP devices.

You might need to either change the default LAN IP address or re-configure the reserved IP addresses on the devices.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Swapping to X75 - tips?
2023-12-27 11:51:48

@David-TP 

Thanks a lot for the detailed response which makes things much clearer.

One further issue, assuming I keep the default 192.168.68.xxx range AND use Netgear SSID and password, will all the current devices still connect automatically?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 2

Related Articles