Double WiFi networks, why and how to disable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-28 15:35:28 - last edited 2024-01-02 03:24:57
Model: Archer MR550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230625 Rel.65051n

Hi,

just got my new LTE Router Archer MR550.

I disabled the 2,4GHz radio because i only use 5GHz. Also Guest Network and Smart Connect are disabled.

After scanning my neighbor WiFi´s i saw that my MR550 have some kind of double WiFi networks, i made a screenshot.

The network highlighted in green is my real 5GHz and as mentioned no 2,4GHz.

On top of the list there are 2 WiFi´s with empty SSID´s on both frequencies although 2,4GHz is disabled. As you can see the MACs are slightly different.

What's the point of these additional WiFi´s and how to disable them?

File:
tpl.jpgDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Double WiFi networks, why and how to disable?-Solution
2024-01-02 03:24:52 - last edited 2024-01-02 03:24:57

@Tremor76 

Hi, the two hidden WiFi are used for OneMesh only, and there is no firmware for MR550 to disable OneMesh, but it will not affect anything.

For more related information, please refer to this thread: Disable OneMesh Hidden SSID on the 3G/4G modem

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Double WiFi networks, why and how to disable?-Solution
2024-01-02 03:24:52 - last edited 2024-01-02 03:24:57

@Tremor76 

Hi, the two hidden WiFi are used for OneMesh only, and there is no firmware for MR550 to disable OneMesh, but it will not affect anything.

For more related information, please refer to this thread: Disable OneMesh Hidden SSID on the 3G/4G modem

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 1

Related Articles