AV1300 Nightmare

AV1300 Nightmare
AV1300 Nightmare
2023-12-30 13:54:38
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

First post here. I've been using TP-Link AV600 powerline adapters for several years in our house to boost our EE router's signal in areas with weak Wi-Fi, and to connect a Sky Q mini box to the router. This setup has been working flawlessly for about three years. Recently, I built a new office and decided to extend the network there using powerline technology. I upgraded from the old AV600 to a new TP-Link AV1300 (TL-WPA8631P KIT) and added an extra AV1000 (TL-WPA7617) for the office. Initially, after pairing the devices and copying the SSIDs, everything worked well. The Wi-Fi extended to the office, and the Sky Q mini box connected to the router via the powerline network. However, the next day, the powerline shows activity but there's no internet connection.

Here's my current setup:

• TL-PA8010P next to the router, connected with the provided network cable.
  • TL-WPA8631P in another room, mainly for hardwiring the Sky Q mini box via a CAT-5 cable, but also extends Wi-Fi.
  • TL-WPA7617 in the office, primarily for connecting a docking station via CAT-5 cable, but also extends Wi-Fi.
  • TL-WPA4220 from the old setup, located in another room to extend Wi-Fi.

The problem seems to originate from the main adapter by the router. It might be entering a sleep mode – the powerline is active but there's no internet connection. The only solution so far is to reset the hardware and redo the setup, but this isn't a viable daily solution.

I've checked forums, and the standard advice is to change sockets and cables, but I'm confident the issue isn't with the house's hardware. Reverting to the old TP-Link setup, using the same plugs and network cable, everything works fine, though slower. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:AV1300 Nightmare
2023-12-30 15:44:01

Just to add, I've just performed one final test (before throwing this setup in the bin and sending a refund request) by factory resetting the router, and installing the old kit to test if everything is working - which it is. I've then reset the router and all of the new TP-link devices, before running through the pair and WPS process. All of the devices are now in the correct location and connectivity is as expected (I've even added an item that is permanently drawing power to the main unit connected to the router to ensure that it is in constant use). Fingers crossed it is still working in the morning!

Options
2023-12-30 15:50:13

FYI, I've also updated to the latest firmware: 4.0.1 Build 20230509 Rel.37153

Options
2023-12-30 18:05:48

@sroberts78 

Hi,

Plugging an electrical appliance into the passthrough socket of the TL-PA8010P should not affect its power saving mode.

If you suspect the problems are caused by the TL-PA8010P going into a power saving state, then deactivate this feature ( https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2018/ ) and wait and see whether it makes any difference.

Options
2023-12-30 19:46:28

Thanks for the response. That is already done, so fingers crossed!

Thanks

Options