AXE5400 Random Internet Latency & Stability Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-31 04:39:50
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 20231115 rel.37295(4555)

My main router acts up at times, randomly assigning laggy IPv4 addresses to devices on the LAN. The latency skyrockets to around 4000ms, making everything painfully slow. Even accessing the local admin page at 192.168.0.1 takes a good 5 minutes. Switching to WiFi temporarily solves the issue, but that's not foolproof either—sometimes the dual-band WiFi suffers, and other times, it's the 6GHz or LAN.

It's a real puzzle because specific devices are affected each time, and the pattern is never consistent. Restarting the DHCP server or the modem seems to be the only fix, along with changing the client's connection type among the three possible options. Devices with longstanding DHCP-provided IPv4 addresses don't face this problem, which points to a DHCP-related issue affecting both LAN and WiFi randomly.

Notably, the router's login page and my Plex Server, both on the local network, refuse to load during these episodes. Makes me thing it's a software issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AXE5400 Random Internet Latency & Stability Problems
2024-01-05 02:57:57

@Sorab 

Try to set Internet DNS servers manually to Google DNS:

Options
Re:AXE5400 Random Internet Latency & Stability Problems
2024-02-02 03:36:05

@QRene 

I appreciate the advice; I had already configured it with Cloudflare's DNS, specifically 1.1.1.1. Despite this, the issue persisted. Additionally, I observed that the Wi-Fi problem I encountered seemed akin to the symptoms exhibited when the access point changed channels, showing the exact same issues. While I would assume that's the root cause of the problem, the only thing that gives me pause is the fact that the issue occurred on the LAN once.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 2

Related Articles