Best power line adapters with Starlink compatibility

2024-01-04 09:43:44 - last edited 2024-01-10 02:09:24

Hello,

I'm looking to improve internet connectivity at our house - quite remote location in Tuscany. Just installed Starlink and have been advised by them to split the bands (2.4 / 5 GHz) to improve range / speed within the house (thick walls) as was very poor - that seems to have worked but internet throughout the house is still very poor.

Friends advise me to get powerline adapters and if so I want to buy the latest / best model available.

Found this on the TP-Link site: TL-WPA8631P KIT - Powerline Kit AV1300 + Wi-Fi AC1200, 3 Gigabit Ports & passthrough electrical outlet - seems the one to get . . .

Before buying I want to know that:-

- it's compatible with my Starlink set-up (all original Starlink gen 2 kit, router etc)

- it's compatible with my soon-to-be-installed photovoltaic panels / battery set-up - is this an issue at all?

- if there is a better option for me? Signal repeaters aren't doing the job so I'm hoping that powerline adapters are the way forward . . .

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Best power line adapters with Starlink compatibility-Solution
2024-01-09 08:23:53 - last edited 2024-01-10 02:09:24

@scottb1971 

Hi! There are currently no known compatibility issues between TP-Link powerline adapters and Starlink network or client devices. It's definitely worth giving it a try.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Best power line adapters with Starlink compatibility
2024-01-07 23:08:19

@scottb1971 

Dear tp-Link -  I have posted on your forum looking for purchase advice but no response. I'm a customer wanting to buy from you but need advice. Such a shame that no one responds... what more can I do?

Options
Re:Best power line adapters with Starlink compatibility-Solution
2024-01-09 08:23:53 - last edited 2024-01-10 02:09:24

@scottb1971 

Hi! There are currently no known compatibility issues between TP-Link powerline adapters and Starlink network or client devices. It's definitely worth giving it a try.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-09 13:37:46

@Sunshine  Thanks a lot for your reply - much appreciated!

Options
3 weeks ago
How did you go with this solution Have a friend who has the same setup If so, did you connect them wirelessly or did you buy the ethernet adapter for the Starlink or did your Starlink modem already have LAN ports?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 940

Replies: 4

Related Articles