X50-DSL LAN will not work or is intermittent on LAN, wifi ok with other devices.

X50-DSL LAN will not work or is intermittent on LAN, wifi ok with other devices.

2024-01-05 12:22:50 - last edited 2024-01-05 16:52:11
Model: Deco X50-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 build 20230718 rel.63778

Hi I have issue with my X50 not allowing me to connect to internet via LAN, been trying for several days to get it stable but its all up one min and then down, also there seems to be a lot of log files too. reading here i wonder if the firmware is corrupted, the wifi seems to be the most stable but my local lan is way worse. any ideas? im with talktalk isp.?

Options
4 Reply
Re:X50-DSL LAN will not work or is intermittent on LAN, wifi ok with other devices.
2024-01-08 03:26:58

@knockerman64 

Hi, Can I have a picture of your network topology about Deco?

What are the model numbers of the LAN-connected devices to Deco X50-DSL?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X50-DSL LAN will not work or is intermittent on LAN, wifi ok with other devices.
2024-01-08 14:37:36
Hello thank you for getting back to me, not sure exactly what you mean picture but i have the Deco X50-DSL with network cable to TPlink switch which has my PC, TV, Laptop, and Sky box connected too, then i have a wireless tp link repeater with 3d printer and 4 wireless light bulds connected to. the deco also has 2 mobiles connected and 1 pad connected all wifi. at the moment i have to deco setup to access point with my old Talktalk router network connected to the deco, (only way to get internet via LAN. i have rest deco several times etc, still no luck.  Kind regards
Options
2024-01-11 06:31:03

@knockerman64 

Hi, Thank you for the update. Also Thanks for the message.

Under the original topology:

DSL service(Phone Socket)---Deco X50-DSL--TP-Link switch---PC

\--TV

\--Laptop

\--Skybox

These 4 LAN devices would drop out frequently, right?

May I know the model number of the TP-link switch?

There are 4 gigabit LAN ports on the Deco X50-DSL, and would it help if you connect the TV/laptop/PC directly to Deco X50-DSL?(Lease SKY box unplugged yet)

Are these 3 devices able to get a constant internet connection?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-11 10:49:27

@David-TP hello

the tp switch is a 5 port TL-SG1005D Switch. 

the Laptop and the PC will deff loose connection the TV and Sky seem to be less prone to drop outs. and yes i have connected directly to the X50-DSL and the same thing, at the moment i have the old Talktalk router connected to the DSL service and that connected to the X50-DSL via network and the X50 running as a Access point, not really how i wanted it working, weird this is the wifi seems to be the only part working with not as many issues except both laptop and pc and TV/Sky do not always work via wifi. 

Thanks in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 4

Related Articles