Red Ligths

Red Ligths

Red Ligths
Red Ligths
2024-01-05 22:07:14
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
I have 3 S4 deco as access points. Two of them are connected to the main router by cable, however, on several occasions the lights change to solid red or flashing red for no apparent reason. When I check the application it tells me that everything is fine. In the decos there are connected devices and the application without any failure indicator but the lights are still red. What is this about? Why should I be rebooting? Aren't the LEDs supposed to change automatically if the network returns to normal?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Red Ligths
2024-01-08 05:54:57

@Drwtg 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you configured any DNS filter rules on the ISP router or would there be any customized firewalls/DNS servers?

I think it is very likely the online detection packets of Deco have been blocked.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-09 01:31:27

@David-TP 

Hi and thanks for the response. 

I don't have any DNS filters configured, nor any exceptions in the firewall. I had no problems with the setup and they are all on the first floor within a reasonable distance with minimal obstructions.
Options
2024-01-09 02:04:30

@Drwtg 

Thanks for the update.

The LED should turn back to solid white when the internet works properly.

May I know the model number of your host router?

Are you able to change the DNS server on the host router to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helps stop the red light issue?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 119

Replies: 3

Related Articles