newbie mesh owner with app issues

2024-01-06 17:15:31 - last edited 2024-01-06 17:41:17
Tags: #App Issues
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Folks: I had my new AX3000 system fully customized and configured only to have the TP-Link Deco app burp and cause all my customizations for IoT Clients to be deleted and all my clients to be knocked offline for about 20 min's and reset. Not happy at the moment. Any ideas why and once I reconfigure everything can I export a backup file to save settings offline to make future recovery easier. I was liking the system till know. App also frequently says "connecting" on my Pixel 8 smartphone and "unable to find Deco" even though phone has excellent wifi strength. The App version is 3.6.74

Options
2 Reply
Re:newbie mesh owner with app issues
2024-01-08 07:47:45

@Gitane 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I noticed your Deco X55 is on 1.4.1. I saw one user mention after updating to 1.4.1, the client list on the Deco went a little bit messy. Did you have this issue after 1.4.1 upgrade or the latest Deco APP update?

"all my customizations for IoT Clients to be deleted and all my clients to be knocked offline for about 20 min's and reset." Do you mean the settings such as device name and preferred connected band and Deco units?

Currently, it is not supported to back up the current configuration file on Deco.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:newbie mesh owner with app issues
2024-01-08 23:13:16

@David-TP Yes I upgraded to the latest firmware 1.4.1 as part of my implementation so all I can say is it happened at this firmware version. Yes I lost devices names and preferred connections for all IOT devices and most audio/video devices. It also know all of these affected clients offline for upto 20 min's.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 219

Replies: 2

Tags

App Issues
Related Articles