My TP Link Archer AX10 2.4ghz not giving me wifi 6 signals

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-07 07:53:39
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(5553)

Hi TP Link

I am using TP Link Archer AX 10 since Jan 2023 and bought another one in August 2023 because of Easymesh and i have bought this device because of wifi 6 technology but i am getting the wifi 6 signals only on 5ghz band i thought that wifi 6 only works on 5ghz and 6ghz bands but after searching and reading some articles i am getting the answer that wifi 6 also works on 2.4ghz band then why on this router its not working can you please fix this i have bought this Archer AX10 AX 1500 router only because of wifi 6 technology.Now i am disappointed with this issue is this a software issue or hardware issue i dont know but if this is a software issue please fix and open 2.4ghz bands to wifi 6 

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:My TP Link Archer AX10 2.4ghz not giving me wifi 6 signals
2024-01-07 10:21:24

@networkpiyush 

It doesn't list AX as a mode option on your routers on the 2.4ghz so I can only suggest to use smart connect and ensure the ax option is selected on the 5 ghz band in the mode settings, this may fix it but I'm not confident as it doesn't look like a fault as such rather an omission in the firmware as higher in the range models do have the ax option in the 2.4 ghz wifi mode settings, check these settings anyway in case a later firmware has added it but other than that it's most likely not been included in the base model & before you say it yes it should state this on the box before anyone considering buying one does.

Options
Re:My TP Link Archer AX10 2.4ghz not giving me wifi 6 signals
2024-01-08 10:37:22

@networkpiyush Hi there! It's disheartening to hear about the WiFi 6 issue on your Archer AX10. While WiFi 6 does support 2.4GHz, it could be a software limitation. I recommend contacting TP-Link support and sharing your experience. They can guide you through troubleshooting steps and determine if a firmware  SLOT update can address this concern. Hopefully, they can provide a solution to fully leverage the WiFi 6 technology on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Best of luck.

Options