TPLINK TL-WR940N V6.0 is not reverting back to Official TPLINK firmware from DD-WRT firmware

TPLINK TL-WR940N V6.0 is not reverting back to Official TPLINK firmware from DD-WRT firmware

2024-01-07 10:39:48
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: DD-WRT V4/5

Hi there,

I have a TPLINK wireless router Model: TL-WR940N hardware version 6.0​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ on which once I installed DD-WRT firmware for some professional work. But now when I again want to revert to the official TPLINK firmware and tried multiple times using TPLINK official download center's firmware, it's not installing. And it does not even show WIFI signals rather it appears on my PC when I connect router via LAN cable with my PC.

Can anyone of you people please help how I can get back the original firmware in my router?

Please help me in this regard, I'll be very mich thankful to you.

I'll be waiting for your positive response.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Usman​​​​​​​​​​

Options
3 Reply
Re:TPLINK TL-WR940N V6.0 is not reverting back to Official TPLINK firmware from DD-WRT firmware
2024-01-07 17:48:08

@Osmaan 

Hi,

Have you already tried the steps outlined here https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr940n#recovery_information?  (it shouldn't matter whether DD-WRT or OpenWrt is currently on the router)

Options
Re:TPLINK TL-WR940N V6.0 is not reverting back to Official TPLINK firmware from DD-WRT firmware
2024-01-08 19:39:38

@Osmaan 

Here is a link to a YT video that explains the firmware recovery for a TP-Link router via TFTP in fine detail. (just the model of router used is different)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M

By the way, it is always recommended to connect the Ethernet cable to the LAN port "1", because some routers may only answer to the TFTP server on LAN port 1.

Also, despite the recovery procedure on the OpenWrt page only mentioning that router version v6.1 requires a network switch to be plugged between the router and the computer running the TFTP server, this requirement may also apply to other versions, perhaps also yours. I know this requirement has been mentioned for other router models as well, although I am unable to tell why this is actually necessary sometimes.

If the TFTP recovery doesn't work, then the last resort would be the recovery via serial connection, which also requires soldering on the router's PCB. But I have not actually tried that myself, because I never needed to do this.

Options
2024-01-17 18:40:24

Osmaan wrote

@woozle 

Hi,

I've tried this method but the TFTP server method is not working for me, can you please guide any other proven method to flash the TP-Link official firmware in WR940N?

+923034427454 is my WhatsApp mod number if you would like to spare a little time to help me you can contact me directly at this WhatsApp. And I'll be very much thankful to you.

Best Regards,

Usman

Whatsapp is not showing on this number?

Options