Connecting to talktalk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting to talktalk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting to talktalk
Connecting to talktalk
2024-01-07 12:16:24
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ?

Hi , could somebody help me ? My talktalk modem broke , so I brought this TP-LINK  TD-W9970 to tide us over till a new replacement talktalk modem turns up , I just cannot get this modem to connect to my talktalk ( wall ONT ) 

Cables are in place , everytime I go through the quick set up , I get failed , I'm not very  IT 😂 but I can normally follow instructions , but this is testing my patience . Any help would be great , thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting to talktalk
2024-01-09 08:03:48

@Rivers1962 

Hi, is the TD-W9970 connected to talktalk(wall ONT) via Ethernet cable or via DSL cable?

The default operation mode of TD-W9970 is DSL modem router mode, which needs to connect via DSL cable, so if you connect Ethernet cable directly, you need to change the operation mode to wireless router mode: How to turn TD-W8968, TD-W8970, TD-W8980, TD-W9970, TD-W9980, TD-VG5612, Archer D2/D5/D7/D9 into NBN Ready, as a Wireless Router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 1

Related Articles