Block access to one computer on my network-ER605

2024-01-07 17:48:42 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:10:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

I have a ER605 and use the web interface. I setup with 2 vlans, one for IOT and one for my computers. On my computer lan I have one old machine that runs some old software with a static ip. The OS is not supported any more so I would like to block access to the internet but still be able to share files. I set up a IP group with the ip address of the computer and in the access control tab I set it to block. But that does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Block access to one computer on my network-ER605-Solution
2024-01-09 01:25:38 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:10:58

Hi @cmartorelli 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

cmartorelli wrote

@cmartorelli I have the target computer setup as a ip group. In the access control setting the pllicy is set to block, sevice type is all, direction is all, source is ipgroup_any, desttination is target computer ( selected from the ip group that was set in the begining.

If your goal is to block Internet access but still maintain LAN access, you should think about what's important in Internet conversation. It is the gateway access. You should block this computer from accessing the gateway(LAN) IP address instead of doing something like the quote.

What you configured in the quote, did you take time to think about how should it work? It does not match what you expect at all. I think you did not try to think about the ACL. ACL config would take a lot of effort to scheme.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Block access to one computer on my network-ER605
2024-01-08 01:56:57

Hi @cmartorelli 

What about your config? How do you set the ACL?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Block access to one computer on my network-ER605
2024-01-08 13:02:56

@cmartorelli I have the target computer setup as a ip group. In the access control setting the pllicy is set to block, sevice type is all, direction is all, source is ipgroup_any, desttination is target computer ( selected from the ip group that was set in the begining.

Options
Re:Block access to one computer on my network-ER605-Solution
2024-01-09 01:25:38 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:10:58

Hi @cmartorelli 

cmartorelli wrote

If your goal is to block Internet access but still maintain LAN access, you should think about what's important in Internet conversation. It is the gateway access. You should block this computer from accessing the gateway(LAN) IP address instead of doing something like the quote.

What you configured in the quote, did you take time to think about how should it work? It does not match what you expect at all. I think you did not try to think about the ACL. ACL config would take a lot of effort to scheme.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 3

Related Articles