TP-Link MR600 not able to connect to services when opening ports and a set ddns.

TP-Link MR600 not able to connect to services when opening ports and a set ddns.

2024-01-07 18:15:16
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220826 Rel.58057n

Hello there.

I just made a swap from my Tp-Link MR400(it broke down) to a TP-Link MR600 and i am facing issues that i did not have on my MR400.

I have configured DDNS so i can connect to the admin/login page using the dns name. 

What i can not get to work is connecting to the added virtual server that worked flawless on the MR400

Let say i have a service at port 1895 so i type xxxx.xxxx.xxx:1895 and that should take me to that service web gui. This worked perfect on the MR400 with the same sim card.

I can not ping my MR600 it seems, but then again that is a setting that be blocked by default and you have to turn it on.

What is the issue i am facing here since some services rely on my home server and if i can not reach thoose remote ip/portsn then thoose services will be suffering.

Yes it looks like i have a public ip but the dns servers does look a bit odd, but then again i never looked at that on my old broken MR400. 

And the fact that i can reach the login page with my DDNS does say that i do have a public ip. And it is the same ISP and sim card used in the MR400 where all this worked flawless so where should i start looking?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link MR600 not able to connect to services when opening ports and a set ddns.
2024-01-08 11:58:49

@jonas740 

Hi, do you mean you are able to use the DDNS and remote management port of the MR600 to login the MR600 web interface fromn an external network, but accessing a local server in the MR600 LAN network from external network doesn't work?

Please double check if the Internet IPv4 address displayed on Advanced->Status->Internet part is the same as your real public IP address(search what is my IP), if so, please share with us the screenshot of your port forwarding settings along with remote management settings.

Options
Re:TP-Link MR600 not able to connect to services when opening ports and a set ddns.
2024-01-09 11:37:04

@jonas740 

Check Port Forwarding:

Confirm the MR600 is set to forward traffic on port 1895 to the right internal IP address.
Verify Public IP:

Make sure the MR600's public IP hasn't changed. Find this info on the router's status page.
Ping and Connectivity:

Test if the router responds to pings. Enable this in settings if needed. Check for any firewall rules blocking port 1895.
ISP DNS Servers:

Confirm DNS settings on the MR600. Use your ISP's DNS or try Google's (8.8.8.8).
SIM Card and Network:

Ensure the SIM card is correctly inserted. Check for specific APN settings for your ISP.
Firmware Update:

Update the MR600's firmware to the latest version for potential bug fixes.
ISP Support:

If issues persist, contact your ISP for assistance.

Regards Chitra Mishra
Options