SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

39 Reply
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?
2024-01-22 08:57:11

@RSCW Hi there! To make the new 5-port switch utilize injector mode and recognize the POE++ injector, you may want to check the switch settings. Unfortunately, the SG2005P-PD might not have a direct equivalent to Unifi Flex settings. However, you can try accessing the switch's web interface or management software and look for Power over Ethernet (PoE) settings. Ensure that the switch is configured to accept higher power levels. If there's a specific injector mode option, toggle it to match the requirements of your Airfiber 50v 60w injector. If the issue persists, consult the switch's documentation or reach out to the manufacturer's support for detailed assistance. Let me know if you need further help!

Options
2024-01-30 01:37:49

@Clive_A 

So I ordered a different BT POE injector try.  This one to be exact: BT POE Injector

The Omada software shows the switch now has 19w budget, but still not allowing full available POE from the BT injector.  I still think there is firmware or software issue.  FYI, the poe led (port 5) on the SG2005P-PD still only lights up amber/yellow, not green showing/allowing BT connection.  

For reference, the same 3 POE 60w injectors that I have now tried, all work perfectly on the similar Unifi Flex switch as well as a generic BT powered 5 port switch.  For the Unifi Flex switch, POE Injector mode has to be enabled in the Unifi software.  I still think this is missing in the Omada controller.

Curious when you guys tested the SG2005P-PD switch powering via the SG3206HPP did you get the full BT power budget automatically?  Did port 5 led show green (BT source)?

Options
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?-Solution
2024-01-30 02:08:21 - last edited 2024-02-10 02:32:20

Hi @RSCW 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

RSCW wrote

@Clive_A 

So I ordered a different BT POE injector try.  This one to be exact: BT POE Injector

The Omada software shows the switch now has 19w budget, but still not allowing full available POE from the BT injector.  I still think there is firmware or software issue.  FYI, the poe led (port 5) on the SG2005P-PD still only lights up amber/yellow, not green showing/allowing BT connection.  

For reference, the same 3 POE 60w injectors that I have now tried, all work perfectly on the similar Unifi Flex switch as well as a generic BT powered 5 port switch.  For the Unifi Flex switch, POE Injector mode has to be enabled in the Unifi software.  I still think this is missing in the Omada controller.

Curious when you guys tested the SG2005P-PD switch powering via the SG3206HPP did you get the full BT power budget automatically?  Did port 5 led show green (BT source)?

Can you take a look at this? Try our own PoE++ injector.

We never guarantee anything from a different brand but pretty sure would work with ours. Same thing as my previous reply, we work with the IEEE 802.3 bt and require https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1003/ Mode A. If the issues persist on our own PoE injector, that would be very important.

Yet we now think this might still be a problem with either the cable or the injector. We cannot run the tests on all the PoE injectors out there. The logistics for the UBNT injectors are ongoing. But will get them from the foreign warehouse.

We cannot say there is a problem with the firmware yet until we have our hands on the UBNT injectors and test.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-09 03:12:27

@Clive_A 

So I ordered the TP-Link one that you suggested.  That one works as intended, so I am glad that there is a partial solution for now.  I am hoping that you guys will still look in to why this switch will not work with any of the other injectors that I have tried.  The other POE++ injectors I have tried, work with 3 other brand of BT powered POE switches with no problems, so I don't see why they shouldn't work with the SG2005P-PD with a firmware tweak.  The Ubiquiti 60w and 80w injectors are quite common and very well built, and have a much smaller footprint than that TP-Link one, that one is HUGE, almost the same size as the switch!

Thank you

Options
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?-Solution
2024-02-10 02:31:56 - last edited 2024-02-10 02:32:13

Hi @RSCW 

RSCW wrote

@Clive_A 

So I ordered the TP-Link one that you suggested.  That one works as intended, so I am glad that there is a partial solution for now.  I am hoping that you guys will still look in to why this switch will not work with any of the other injectors that I have tried.  The other POE++ injectors I have tried, work with 3 other brand of BT powered POE switches with no problems, so I don't see why they shouldn't work with the SG2005P-PD with a firmware tweak.  The Ubiquiti 60w and 80w injectors are quite common and very well built, and have a much smaller footprint than that TP-Link one, that one is HUGE, almost the same size as the switch!

Thank you

This was discussed before the timeline you replied to this. The team has came to a conclusion that there is a problem with the other brands' injectors.

We concluded to that the UBNT adapter is using 48V to negotiate the power. Due to this non-standard 802.3, the device will enter the safe mode to keep it at the minimum of 802.3 af power. That's the reason why it keeps at 15W.

This is not a problem with our product as we follow the strictly IEEE 802.3 PoE power negotiation handshake.

So far, we don't consider this as an issue instead of a problem resulting from the PoE injector you used. Our team so far has not considered a fix in the firmware until we have a further reports and market research.

At least so far we have done nothing incorrect or substandard.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-21 22:09:34

@RSCW 

SG2005P-PD 802.3bt doesn't work on Omada v5.12.9

I Upgrade my TL-POE160S PoE+ Injektor to a TL-POE170S PoE++ Injektor
The LED is now "green" no longer "orange", but Omada says 19W!

My last Test i upgrade my OC200 v2.0 to Beta release "v
5.13.24" Firmware
Now the SG2005P-PD works and Omada shows 44W remaining! That's right with TL-POE170S:
44 W when powered by 802.3bt Type 3 (60 W)

No matter what you do, 802.3bt only works with Omada v5.13+
Best regards Elite

Options
2024-02-22 02:02:54

Hi @EliteAustria 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

EliteAustria wrote

@RSCW 

SG2005P-PD 802.3bt doesn't work on Omada v5.12.9

I Upgrade my TL-POE160S PoE+ Injektor to a TL-POE170S PoE++ Injektor
The LED is now "green" no longer "orange", but Omada says 19W!

My last Test i upgrade my OC200 v2.0 to Beta release "v
5.13.24" Firmware
Now the SG2005P-PD works and Omada shows 44W remaining! That's right with TL-POE170S:
44 W when powered by 802.3bt Type 3 (60 W)

No matter what you do, 802.3bt only works with Omada v5.13+
Best regards Elite

What you reported seems to be a visual glitch in the controller. If the physical port LED is green, it means it negotiates to 802.3bt.

POE160S does not support 802.3bt so it is amber/yellow. That's expected.

But his comment was the LED was amber/yellow with the UBNT injectors. Multiple injectors he tried. His case is a little different from yours. Yours is more like a compatibility or adaptability issue.

Options
2024-02-22 19:53:15

@Clive_A 

I don't believe that there is a problem at all with the UBNT injectors, nor the 2 other injectors that I tried (those two claim to follow this so called " IEEE 802.3 PoE power negotiation handshake".  As stated multiple times all of these injectors properly power the other "BT powered" switches that I have tried.  I think that your firmware is being too restrictive.  By the way, the UBNT POE injectors that I am referencing are not 48v, the 60W is 50V, and the 80W is 54V.  I'm not arguing that they may not "strictly" follow the IEEE 802.3 POE power negotiation, but I am arguing that they do work on other similar switches with no issues, and could/should be made to work with your POE switch to make your switch more compatible.  

I am hoping that you guys will still look into this and find a sollution, as for some of us the TP-Link 60w injector are way too large and cost's almost as much as the POE Switch itself. 

I would even offer to send you one of the 50v injectors to work on if needed.  

Options
2024-04-02 19:08:04

@Clive_A Ah die Erfahrung hab ich jetzt auch gemacht

Options
2024-04-04 15:41:03

Actually, I'm having this very same problem, except I am already using a TL-POE170S to power it. indecision

Options
Related Articles