Connection preferences

Connection preferences
Connection preferences
2024-01-11 16:06:20
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20220113

Hi all,

I know there's  lots of ongoing conversations about the 'connection preference' setting however, I have one specific question that I would appreciate some clarity with. I purchased 3 Deco S4's some months ago, which worked well (with 'connection preference' being an available setting), they are the top entry below running FW 1.1.1. and they are V4's). I recently purchased 3 more Deco S4's, they are V2's, running FW 1.5.1.........having connected the new Deco's to the original Deco's, the 'connection preference' option has now vanished........I assume this is to do with the FW of the new devices. Am I right in assuming there is nothing I can currently do with updating the FW so that the connection preference option is available ??

Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:Connection preferences
2024-01-12 06:02:25

@Rob588 

Hi, Do you plan to set "Connection Preference" for certain satellite Deco later?

We do have a beta firmware for Deco S4_V2 that has added the "Connection Preference" feature and if you wanna try the beta firmware, I can send it later.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-12 08:20:00

@David-TP That would be great, ,many thanks.

Just to clarify......

Is  it the V2 thats causing the issue ?

Would I be able to roll it back if there was any issues ?

Is there a guide to updating FW ?

Thanks

Options
2024-01-12 09:07:31

@Rob588 

Hi, yes, the current firmware 1.5.1 of V2 does not support connection preference.

You could roll back to the official firmware if any issue appeared.

The beta link included the beta bin file and the upgrade instructions, which have been sent via private message.

Best regards.

Options
2024-01-12 10:24:15

@David-TP I've downloaded the zip and everything appears to be straight forward however, I do have 1 questions prior to upgrading the FW.

I have 6 Deco S4's on my network, 3 V4's running 1.1.1 and 3 V2's running 1.5.1. To clarify, I should be updating the FW on the V2's with the zip file you've sent, not updating the V4's ? Secondly, all 6 Deco's are on the network, how do I only update the 3 V2's.......will it not end up updating all 6 Deco's to the Beta FW ?

Thanks again for the support.

Options
2024-01-13 15:09:32
Does anyone know an answer to my query ? Thanks
Options
2024-01-13 17:06:54

@Rob588 

You can login to Satellite Deco by its IP address in a browser and same password as for Main Deco login. There, you will have Web UI and Firmware Update option for that Satellite Deco only.

So, if you want to be on the safe side, login to Satellite Decos you want to update with beta firmware, one by one, and run update for each of them individually.

Options
2024-01-14 10:01:43

@Alexandre. many thanks, I've just tried that method. Everything appeared to be going well then I got this message, any idea where I go with the available options on this screen shot ? I'm guessing this is part of the process, but just wanted to check......do i go to the 'proceed to TPlinkdeco.net (unsafe) option ??

Thanks

Options
2024-01-14 14:02:47

Hi all, I've finally managed to update the 3 Deco S4 V2's to the beta firmware. This has now enabled me to connect one specific node to another specific node, but it hasn't enabled me to connect any individual device to a specific node........the original option which I've got on the V4's is still not there when I bring the V2's in to play. It feels like this beta update has taken me one very small step forward, but hasn't resolved the initial issue that I had !!! Very annoying...am i missing something !?

Thanks

Options