TL-SG105MPE switch not manageable after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-12 22:19:47 - last edited 2024-01-12 23:36:11
Model: TL-SG105MPE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-SG105MPE(UN)_V1_1.0.0 Build 20230713

I bought this switch last week and initially everything worked as expected. But because there has been a recent firmware update that included a security fix, I had to install it.

I made sure I selected the correct hardware version and the correct model. The file for the firmware update is called: SG105MPE(UN) 1.0_1.0.0 Build 20230713 Rel.40080_up.bin

After the upload finished, the firmware update began. During that whole time, nothing else was connected to the switch and nothing has been done in parallel. At some point the page showed that it lost connection to the switch. I left it like this for another like 20 minutes.

Since then nothing changed. The switch does not receive its own IP adderess anymore (inspecting via modem). I am still able to connect devices to it and they work fine, also POE works fine, but I lost the ability to manage the switch, it behaves like a hub/unmanaged switch now. A reset also did not help.

Is there any way to restore the switch?

I tried this solution: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/77562?replyId=511980, but unfortunately I can not get past the login page to access the firmware update. Its really a bad experience when you just bought the device, follow the firmware upgrade recommendation and then brick it right away :/

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG105MPE switch not manageable after firmware update
2024-01-15 02:06:36

@TheLevti 

Hmm, I am not sure how it would brick. You did not seem to anything wrong.
So, 1, if you just upgraded the switch and you can get an IP from the DHCP server, then it means the switch still functions. You should clear the browser cache and try again on the browser.

2. You should find the IP of the switch. The switch will reboot after the firmware upgrade. So, it might get a new IP address and you should verify this from the router side where it assigns the DHCP IP to the switch.

It does not look like a brick to me. Just you don't know how to do it after the upgrade.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options