DECO x50 third device linked via WiFi, why isn't connecting via ethernet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-15 00:45:35
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: last upgrade

I have an elementary topology at home.
ISP modem (BELL, wifi-disable, DHCP enable)---ethernet--->Deco x50 MAIN with WIFI network Setup --- ethernet--->DECO Living room----ethernet--->Basement.
For some reason, the Living Room to Basement segment is linked with WiFi. But I have a direct connection from port2 to port2 
The first setup was done with Router Mode, after that, I changed to AP mode, and wifi coverage at home started to be much better, but the basement device converted to wireless. Please see the pictures attached.   

Please advise. 
Regards,

Viktor 

File:
IMG_1921.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO x50 third device linked via WiFi, why isn't connecting via ethernet?
2024-01-15 13:50:24 - last edited 2024-01-15 13:50:45

@VikTH0R 

You can add picture directly to the post, that would be easier to see. Click on "Upload Pictures" icon and follow directions. Here is your picture:

If your Basement Deco can't connect to Living Room Deco over the Ethernet cable, the first suspect is Ethernet cable.

Bring Basement Deco to where Living Room Deco is and connect them both by very short Ethernet cable, 1-3 feet (up to 1 meter) length. See if they can establish Ethernet link through that cable.

Options
Re:DECO x50 third device linked via WiFi, why isn't connecting via ethernet?
2024-01-15 21:23:45

@Alexandre. 

Hi Alex, thank you for the suggestion I already did that, and I have the same result. Look like my basement device isn't working properly. Every 5 min the device gets a red light loses its Wi-Fi connection and goes offline. I connect directly to the device and with the LOG option I see the last log from November 2023, this is strange because, from another 2 devices, I have fresh LOGs from today. I ask my supplier to replace DECO.

Thanks

Options