Deco XE75 pro - slower wifi speed after using it for a while

2024-01-15 16:00:54
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

I recently purchased a new Deco XE75 Pro (V2.0) mesh system (3 units), setup in AP mode. Initially, the performance was impressive with my gigabit internet connection. The wired speeds were consistent with what my ISP provided, achieving 940/800 Mbps up/down. The WiFi 6 speeds (5 GHz, 160 MHz band, optimized channel) were also remarkable on the first day of setup. I was getting about 600 Mbps download on my M1 MacBook Pro, around 800 Mbps on a Lenovo ThinkBook, and even approximately 500 Mbps download on an iPhone 14.

However, the following day, I switched it to Router mode to bypass my ISP's modem. I encountered a significant drop in WiFi speeds, falling to about <400 Mbps across all devices. This occurred even after I attempted to reset the entire system and set it up again back in AP mode with ISP's modem.

Main unit was connected directly to ISP modem in AP mode, and SFP to Eth converter in Router mode. Setup was not changed, and I made sure during the speed tests, device was connected to the main unit, and it's on 160Mhz 5G wifi.

The only other notable change I made was upgrading the firmware to Deco XE75 Pro(CA)_V2_1.2.7 Build 20231011 from the original version, which I believe was 1.2.1 (I could be wrong about this number though). The website has only 1.2.2 and 1.2.7, not sure if I should revert back to 1.2.2. I saw the new beta version released on this forum but not sure if that's going to "fix" it.

I am seeking advice on what might have caused this sudden drop in WiFi speeds and how to resolve it. Could the firmware update be the culprit? Any insights or suggestions for troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 pro - slower wifi speed after using it for a while
2024-01-16 10:37:47

@DaBigJoe 

Hi, How about the Ethernet speed from Deco XE75 Pro? Is it also affected?

Could you please also refer to this link to help me check the wireless link speed when mobile devices are connected to Deco XE75 Pro?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

I noticed you mentioned 160 MHz. If you check the 5Ghz WiFi over the WiFi Analyzer, will you be able to see it is still working on 160MHz? I was wondering whether it might drop to 80MHz.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2024-01-16 13:56:53 - last edited 2024-01-16 22:33:55

@David-TP Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I checked and it dropped to 80Mhz most of the time, and bumps back to 160MHz from time to time. I don't think there's any radar nearby, not sure if it's an issue or it's DFS.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and lock at 160MHz? I know routers from other brands can disable DFS. I am running on the 1.2.8 beta driver right now.

TX rate is around 800~1000Mbps in my M1 Macbook Pro.  I remember the first day I am seeing ~2000Mbps in the Lenovo when the speed was fast.

I saw other people also having issues that Wifi6 (5Ghz) jumps between 80Mhz and 160Mhz band width as well. Let me know what to do at this stage.

Options
2024-01-22 13:56:28

@David-TP Hey, could you please help with the issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 304

Replies: 3

Related Articles