Using RE200 V2 to extend Starlink gen2 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-17 10:37:40

Hi,

has anyone had any experience using the RE200 with Starlink gen2 router? It seems to work but the connected devices don't appear in the device list on the Starlink router. I've installed the latest firmware on the RE200 but it made no difference. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using RE200 V2 to extend Starlink gen2 router
2024-01-18 07:35:00

@KevESmills 

Hi, did RE200 appear in the device list on the Starlink APP?

Would there be any unknown device on the list?

Maybe the connected devices are using a virtual MAC address which could be identified by Starlink.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Using RE200 V2 to extend Starlink gen2 router
2024-01-18 08:47:54

@David-TP , yes, the RE200 does appear in the device list. An IP address has been assigned and it's mac address is shown. Other devices camped onto the extended wifi are not shown in the device list. There are a number of "unknown device" entries but no IP address is shown and the MAC address is that of the RE200. Some devices such as the Synology NAS drive (connected via the RE200 Ethernet port) are in the device list and an IP address has been assigned but again, the MAC address is that of the RE200.  Is this normal?
When I was using a tplink 4G router before I got Starlink, I didn't have this issue.

Kev.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 2

Related Articles