RE800BE-The First Wi-Fi 7 Range Extender is on the way

RE800BE-The First Wi-Fi 7 Range Extender is on the way

28 Reply
Re:RE800BE-The First Wi-Fi 7 Range Extender is on the way
3 weeks ago
You cannot set as satellite, there is not settings in menu about this.
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Renegade7805  there is first factory reset your router I am using be550  that is router too as satellite and has the same menu

To switch your Archer BE800 from router mode to satellite mode, you can follow these steps:

1. Access the Router’s Interface:

• Connect a device to your BE800 router.
    • Open a web browser and enter tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
  2. Navigate to EasyMesh Settings:

• Once logged in, click on Advanced.
    • Then, select EasyMesh from the menu options.
  3. Change the Mode:

After changing the mode, your router will restart and function as a satellite device in your mesh network. Make sure to place it in an optimal location for the best Wi-Fi coverage. If you need more detailed instructions, you can refer to the TP-Link support page for a step-by-step guide2.

Options
3 weeks ago

@AdnKhn ok, if you are sure I buy now from amazon the second be800 and will arrive Wednesday, when I open It I will try and I left to know if this procedure is correct 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Renegade7805  Follow these steps once you get it and then let us know if it works:

• Reset the Satellite Router (Optional): If the second BE800 has been previously used, it's recommended to reset it to factory defaults. To do this, press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds.

• Connect the Satellite Router: Connect the satellite BE800 to a power source. You don't need to connect it to the main router with an Ethernet cable at this stage.

• Access the Satellite Router's Web Interface:

• Connect your computer or mobile device to the satellite router's Wi-Fi network. The default network name (SSID) and password are usually printed on a sticker on the bottom of the router.
    • Open a web browser and enter the router's IP address. The default is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
  • Firmware Update (If Necessary):

• In the web interface, go to "Advanced" -> "System Tools" -> "Firmware Update."
    • Click "Check for Updates" and follow the on-screen instructions if a newer version is available.
  • Configure EasyMesh:

• Go to "Advanced" -> "EasyMesh."
    • Click the "EasyMesh" tab and enable it.
    • Select "Satellite" as the role for this router.
    • Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions to connect the satellite router to your main router's EasyMesh network.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Renegade7805 

Hi, the second Archer BE800 could connect to the first BE800 wirelessly to establish an EasyMesh network, just as @AdnKhn said.laugh

How to add a router to an EasyMesh network as a satellite device

Moreover, the latest firmware of Archer BE800 also supports using Ethernet Backhaul to establish an EasyMesh network. 

For more configuration details, you can refer to this link:

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP  good evening, today I receive the second BE800 but what poor easymesh connectivity.... it's better with RE900XD.. With my 2.5gbit in router with direct connection to fiber I receive 2,3 gbit, in easymesh with RE900XD I reach 1,3 gbit the air distance it's 4 meter, with the second BE800 only 800 - 1,1 gbit.... I'm disappointed 😞 

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP The RE800BE is poised to become the first Wi-Fi 7 range extender, promising faster speeds, greater capacity, and lower latency for home networks. This innovation is ideal for enhancing connectivity in smart homes, where seamless internet is crucial for devices like those used in Ted Home Care.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Renegade7805 i try to setup better the connection between the 2's BE800 and now work well, in a distance of about 8 meters I reach in easy mesh 2 - 2,3 mbit/s. But I must remember to save the configuration because if I have some power faulty the system change something in its configuration. For now I'm very happy for this, we will see for the next firmware update.

Options