VR2100 Archer Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-19 23:45:40
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518 Rel.41627n

Hi All,

I've just installed a refurbed Archer VR2100 (bought from TP-Link on Amazon) 

Everything is running nicely, I have spent about 6 hours re-programming everything from my previous horrible Plusnet router, and everything inside the network and out to the Internet works fine.

HOWEVER. 

I can't get port forwarding to work to my FTP server (OpenMediaView running FTP service). Access to the server works fine inside my network from my phone, but when I disconnect from the Wifi and attempt to come in through the router I can't get in.

I have setup a static address for the server in the HDLC screen - and I have set up a 'virtual server' to port forward FTP port 21 to that IP number. But after rebooted everything it simply doesn't work. It is as if the port is closed.

Is there another layer of port management on this router that opens / closes ports in addition to simply creating forwarding rules by 'virtual servers'?

I've tried port 21 - and previous to that I was using 8098. I KNOW that 8098 is allowed by my ISP because I was using that for FTP to my previous Raspberry Pi based FTP server when I was using Plusnet's router.

It's a bit of a mystery. .... and PPTP isn't working either, but that IS likely to be the ISP's doing.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

MBD

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR2100 Archer Port Forwarding
2024-01-20 16:33:57

@mbdmbd 

Go through this troubleshooting guide to check everything is configured properly.

You can check this story for configuring FTP server access from outside your local network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1

Related Articles