Jumbo Frames on LAN

Jumbo Frames on LAN

Jumbo Frames on LAN
Jumbo Frames on LAN
2024-01-20 18:21:28
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3

Is it possible to configure the MTU of a LAN to support jumbo frames? I've got a NAS presenting some iSCSI and SMB shares and I'd like to run those on 10k frames if possible. Maybe the LAN interface just supports 10k+ frames out of box and there's nothing I need to do, but it's not a configurable value when I define the LAN so I'm assuming a standard 1500mtu here. Its surprising with so much else being configurable on the system and there being plenty of memory available to support larger buffers.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Jumbo Frames on LAN
2024-01-21 01:52:02

@David_Graff 

Unfortunately that seems impossible. I was looking for it once but never seems to be available yet.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2024-01-21 10:06:35

@David_Graff 

there is jumbo frame on the switch config if that can help you. I have several models and all the models I have from TP-Link have this configuration.
​I don't know if it works smiley

Options
2024-01-22 08:55:08 - last edited 2024-01-22 09:00:22

Hi @David_Graff 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So to make the Jumbo frame work in the LAN, if you need to pass the router, you gotta need the router to support that.

But if the router is not working as a point in the transmission(or its ports are not passed through), just LAN to LAN and not bypassing the router, would be fine. Set up the Jumbo frame on the PC/NAS and the switch. That would make it work as well.

It is nonrelated to the NAT.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 3

Related Articles