X68 speed, stability and interference problem

2024-01-22 05:45:47
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

New purchase of x68 has so far been nothing but a disappointment.

Since purchase first thing I noticed was bad interference with my Bose wireless soundbar which seems to be from the 5ghz band, no option in app to select channels so can't shift to different channels.

Very unstable connection with packet loss, high latency and unstable/slow speeds.

My ISP is Aussie broadband with the fastest tier gigabit fibre to the home, no issues found with direct connection to modem using laptop and Ethernet cable (Very fast and stable)

Anyone have any solutions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:X68 speed, stability and interference problem
2024-01-23 08:12:57

@Radioactivetoy 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know why you think the 5GHz of Deco is interfering with the Bose wireless soundbar? Have you observed any abnormal behavior when they are working together?

As for the performance issue with packet loss, high latency, and unstable/slow speeds, are the satellite Deco X68s wirelessly connected to the main Deco X68?

Is there any chance that you could connect the satellite units via Ethernet cables to the main Deco?

You could refer to the following suggestions to see whether they helped improve the connection:

1. Separate the 2.4GHz from 5GHz by enabling 5GHz only for the Main network, and 2.4GHz only for the IOT network.

2. Disable "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 1

Related Articles