R365 lost connection with main router

2024-01-23 08:52:50
Model: RE365  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am writing regarding an incident of my range extender RE365 which loose connection with main router after some hours of use.

More specific, I have connected RE365 with my main router in both channels 2.4/5 G and i am connected  mainly to RE365 5G and some other devices in 2.4G (e.g internal IP cameras). After some time of the connection, the connection drops from 2.4G with my camera and i am not able to find afterwards the 2.4g SSID from the extender until restart it. Also the 5G from RE365 is not able to get a connection but i see available the relevant SSID to connect with another device. When the RE365 is restarted, I am connected with mobile and camera in both 2.4/5 G without any issue for 2-3 hours.  

To be noted that the new main router has WIFI 6 and with the old one main router i was not facing any issues in connection with RE365 which was more older and WIFI 4 or 5.

I am wondering which could be the issue. As an example is to replace the RE365 with another one extender with WIFI 6 or to connect the RE365 with the main router under 5G for both channels 2.4/5G instead of two direct and parallel connections?

Also to mention that my central connection with the provider is very stable and no issues exists with the connection of any device in main router.

All comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:R365 lost connection with main router
2024-01-24 06:21:19

@Koranko 

Hi, please check if 2.4G and 5G LEDs on the extender are still on and if the signal LED is still solid blue when the issue happens, if so, it means the extender is still connected to the host router.

Besides, you mentioned that the client devices will disconnect from the extender WiFi and unable to find 2.4G SSID or unable to connect 5G SSID, if the extended WiFi SSID is the same as your router, please customize the extended SSID and make it different from your router so that you could easily tell which is which. And when the extender WiFi doesn't work, you could also connect to your router WiFi to see if it still works fine.

Options
2024-01-24 19:06:27

@Sunshine 

Hi and thanks for your reply.

When the issue to the extender is appeared and any client device is disconnected from the extender and the leds are on as well.

The same time if I connect any device to the main router, it is possible to be connected without any issue. So the main point is why the extender disrupts any connection with client devices suddenly and why I am not able to be connected again with extender (and without then able to find 2.4g).

The Ssids are 4 differents without any common SSID for main and extender.

I suppose that something happens to the extender and looses the connection with further clients, since the main router has very stable connection with the network and any other device.

Also maybe, the extender is not re-booted some how from its self in order to gain access again.

With the older main router and not wifi 6 but with an older version, there was not any issue before. 

Is there any possibility that the router should be replaced? And the question is, should be replaced only with wifi6 version?

Thanks for your support.

Options
2024-01-25 11:13:55

@Koranko 

Hi, normally WiFi 6 router could work well with WiFi 5 extender as well because WiFi 6 is backward compatible with WiFi 5 as well, just like your WiFi 5 client device could work well with your WiFi 6 router.

Now for the range extender issue, it is recommended to check the firmware version and update to the latest firmware. Please let us know the hardware and firmware version of your RE365 for double checking.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 3

Related Articles