Can't connect Deco to NBN NTD

2024-01-24 06:49:33 - last edited 2024-01-24 11:10:12
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I am with IINet, was FTTN with a IINet modem in transparency mode, connected the the X68 all working fine.

I am now FTTP, trying to connect the X68 direct to the NTD, the only change shown by IINet was to confirm using PPPoE, however still can't get a connection.

If I put the IINet modem back in circuit and go from NTD to dsl port on the IINet modem, then connect to X68 it works fine. The IP address is automatically configured as expected.

Why is the X68 not sensing the WAN connection?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't connect Deco to NBN NTD-Solution
2024-01-24 11:02:29 - last edited 2024-01-24 11:10:12

@A_C_V 

For reference this ended up working:

Set PPPoE then

Advanced

Tap on IPTV/VLAN

Turn on IPTV/VLAN

Tap Mode = Custom

Turn on Internet VLAN

VLAN ID = 2

VLAN Priority = 0

Turn on 802.1Q Tag

Save

No username password required.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't connect Deco to NBN NTD
2024-01-24 09:04:03

@A_C_V 

Hi, does the NBN NTD activate both DSL and Ethernet connections for internet service?

Are you able to connect a laptop to the Ethernet Port on the NBN NTD?

If the laptop could get internet instantly, we could try "Dynamic IP" as the internet connection type.

If not, you could refer to this link to set up a PPPOE broadband connection on the laptop to check whether you have used the correct username and password.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/921/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-24 10:12:20

@David-TP 

Not sure if it activates DSL as well. The DSL port on the iiNet modem is a RJ12? There are only RJ45 ports on the NTD.

I tried the laptop with no luck, tried the PPPoE connection and username + password.

I changed my iiNet password via toolbox to ensure I had the right one. I logged into the iiNet modem and there is nowhere to enter the username and password. It keeps working even with the changed password, leads me to think the username and password may not be required. It does say optional in the Deco app, and the iiNet help guide for deco routers doesn't mention usernames and password either, just ensure to select PPPoE.

Options
Re:Can't connect Deco to NBN NTD-Solution
2024-01-24 11:02:29 - last edited 2024-01-24 11:10:12

@A_C_V 

For reference this ended up working:

Set PPPoE then

Advanced

Tap on IPTV/VLAN

Turn on IPTV/VLAN

Tap Mode = Custom

Turn on Internet VLAN

VLAN ID = 2

VLAN Priority = 0

Turn on 802.1Q Tag

Save

No username password required.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-24 11:09:21

@A_C_V 

"I tried the laptop with no luck, tried the PPPoE connection and username + password."

You have tried both PPPOE and Dynamic IP on Deco and they all failed?

I saw you mentioned "If I put the IINet modem back in circuit and go from NTD to dsl port on the IINet modem, then connect to X68 it works fine", and though there is a DSL port as well. The DSL port is RJ11. So is the IINet modem also connected to the RJ45 of the NTD, like NBN NTD---IINet modem---Deco X68?

I see it mentioned here IINet might need VLAN ID-2. Have you tried to add VLAN ID under PPPOE connection?

https://help.iinet.net.au/setting-common-non-iinet-supplied-modems-nbn-fttp

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 4

Related Articles