Tp-link Mesh

Tp-link Mesh

Tp-link Mesh
Tp-link Mesh
2024-01-24 19:11:55 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:30:46

Hello, out of uncertainty I bought the Deco Mesh System S1900 and the Archer C88. I currently have a FritzBox 7590 in the house (3 floors), i.e. main router/modem. A switch is then connected from which I then go to the respective rooms via LAN. So far I have used the FritzBox and an Archer C6 for WLAN coverage. But now I want to have mesh. According to the Deco instructions, you cannot set up the units in parallel behind a switch, which is why the system is not an option for me. The Archer c88 supports EasyMesh. So now the questions:

1. Can you connect additional access points to the network via LAN and integrate them as a WLAN mesh? or is this only possible via WLAN <> WLAN?

2. Is it possible to set up the Deco units in parallel behind my switch?

Thx

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tp-link Mesh-Solution
2024-01-25 07:25:38 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:30:46

@Mooky 

Hi,

1. Archer C88 supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul as well, thus if the other EasyMesh routers support Ethernet Backhaul as well, you will be able to build an EasyMesh network via Ethernet cable, refer to this thread for routers that support Ethernet Backhaul: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

2. It is okay to set up Deco units in parallel behind my switch, but you could only use AP mode on the Deco in this situation, so there must be a router in front of the switch as well.

If there is any issue with the Deco setup, you could start a new thread under Deco product section: Deco Forums 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp-link Mesh-Solution
2024-01-25 07:25:38 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:30:46

@Mooky 

Hi,

1. Archer C88 supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul as well, thus if the other EasyMesh routers support Ethernet Backhaul as well, you will be able to build an EasyMesh network via Ethernet cable, refer to this thread for routers that support Ethernet Backhaul: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

2. It is okay to set up Deco units in parallel behind my switch, but you could only use AP mode on the Deco in this situation, so there must be a router in front of the switch as well.

If there is any issue with the Deco setup, you could start a new thread under Deco product section: Deco Forums 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 1

Related Articles