Deco P9 and Proximus TV box

2024-01-25 07:35:14
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20231027 Rel. 81602

Bonjour,

Je suis en Belgique et je veux relier mon décodeur TV à ma box Internet Proximus qui se trouve à un autre étage.

Mon décodeur ne foctionne pas alors qu'en "câblé" cela fonctionne.

J'ai mis mes Deco en mode AP mais rien n'y fait :-(

Merci de votre aide.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco P9 and Proximus TV box
2024-01-26 08:40:01

@Gilbert_758 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

Do you connect the TV decoder via an Ethernet cable to the Deco P9, such as:

Internet----Proximus Internet box---<cable>Deco P9~~~~~Deco P9---<cable>--TV decorder?

Is the TV decoder plug-and-play? or  Do you need to configure IPTV VLAN for the  TV decoder?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-26 10:22:04

@David-TP ,

Hi, I want to try in English :-)

Internet----Proximus Internet box---<cable>Deco P9~~~~~Deco P9---<cable>--TV decorder

Yes this is done. One P9 near the Internet box and connected via cable. 

The satellite P9 connected via CPL and wifi (as say the app) and a cable to the TV recorder

Yes the recorder is p&p 

When I connect it via cable (but not where I want) it work good ...

Thanks for your help

Gilbert

Options
2024-01-30 10:07:29

Hello  @David-TP ,

No more reply/solution ?

Thanks

Options
2024-02-01 07:21:34

@Gilbert_758 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Since the Ethernet cable works, the problem you have experienced is that the TV decorder couldn't wirelessly connect to the satellite P9?

Would there be any error message when connecting to WiFi?

It is suggested to disable "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2024-02-01 09:58:05

Hello @David-TP ,

The decoder TV is connected by wire on the satellite P9.

The only wireless situation is between the main and the satellite P9

Thanks,

Options
2024-02-02 03:50:29 - last edited 2024-02-02 04:35:34

@Gilbert_758 

Hi, Gilbert,

I'm afraid I missed something due to the Google translation but I am not sure what it was.

I viewed the previous content and noticed you mentioned:

Mon décodeur ne foctionne pas alors qu'en "câblé" cela fonctionne.

When I connect it via cable (but not where I want) it work good ...

I used to think the "cable" connection here refers to the Ethernet connection between TV box and satellite P9.  But now I think you might refer to the original cable connection from TV box directly to the Proximus Internet box, right? And now you want to use 2*P9 to create a "new cable bridge" to connect the TV box where you want.

Have you ever checked with Proximus whether the TV service could be extended via a third-party router?  When P9 is in AP mode, it is almost like "a long Ethernet cable". If AP mode didn't work, I think Proximus TV service might not support third-party routers considering they have their own wireless booster.

Moreover, I found the installation guide here. It takes Deco X50 for example: https://primus.ca/index.php/ont_en/support/internet/cable/getting-started#modem-and-hardware-install-guide

Is there any chance that you could disconnect the Proximus internet box and only use Deco P9, then connect P9 directly to ONT and set P9 into wireless router mode.

(If "Dynamic IP or PPPOE" internet connection did not work, please try "PPPOE+ VLAN 10 internet tag")

After that, please refer to this link to set the TV box connected port as IPTV port-How to Configure IPTV function on Deco

If it was not what I thought above, Would you mind explaining again what might be the problem that you have experienced between Deco P9 and Proximus TV box?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-02 12:46:19

Hi @David-TP ,

Of course, I try to write in English without tranlator :-)

Yes, I'm a Ethernet patch cable from my satellite P9 and my TV Box.

My P9 are in Access Point mode. 

I think my provider use 3 vlan (1 for TV, 1 for Internet and another ???)

Yes, I have a FTP câble from my Internet box to my office but not to my living room (where is my TV)

So I want to set my main P9 near the Internet box and the satellite P9 near my TV (and so near my TV Box)  and a patch cable from the satelitte P9 to my TV Box.

Before I have used 2 CPL Devolo for this and it work fine. Now, due to streaming etc ... my devolo are too slow. This is why I'm buy my P9 kit.

Thanks for your help,

Good WE,

Gilbert

Options
2024-02-05 01:36:05

@Gilbert_758 

Hi, Thanks a lot for the further explanation.

As we discussed earlier, when P9 is in AP mode, it works just like an Ethernet cable and will forward through all the data traffic. There aren't any settings(like IPTV or VLAN) we could edit or change. If the TV decoder didn't work, likely, P9 may not support this kind of connection.

Since P9 could also work as a wireless router as the main Proximus internet box, and under router we are allowed to manually configure the IPTV settings, if possible, you could try to disconnect the Proximus internet box and only use Deco P9, then connect P9 directly to ONT and set P9 into wireless router mode.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-05 08:51:02

Hi @David-TP ,

Sorry, I don't have the "ONT" (I think this is for fiber ?)

I let down. Sorry, too complex for me.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 9

Related Articles