Maximum number of simultaneous clients - Wifi powerline

2024-01-31 12:48:28 - last edited 2024-01-31 22:02:30
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I'm looking for an wi-fi powerline extender that could accept more than the usual 8 clients connected. This is an hardware limitation, a chipset only able to handle 8 mac address simultaneously.

I hope to find something more powerful but cannot find this information while browsing every model - from this constructor nor another, I looked even if I prefer to keep an all-tp-link network.

When starting a bit of home automation, it's easy to reach 8 devices. 3 smart-plugs, 3 phones, 2 IP-cameras and voilà. 

Another option was to look for an access point, but powered via PoE to simplify the wire management. Unfortunately it's hard to find a powerline adapted PoE capable.

Does somebody have an advice to find either a wi-fi powerline for up to 16 devices (or more ideally) or a powerline providing Power Over Ethernet?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Maximum number of simultaneous clients - Wifi powerline-Solution
2024-01-31 20:58:14 - last edited 2024-01-31 22:02:30

@MoarMacAddress 

What do you mean by " usual 8 clients connected ". The powerline adapters (nodes) that can be added to the same network is listed in this FAQ.

A wireless node like TL-WPA4220 can serve more than 8 wireless client devices though:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Maximum number of simultaneous clients - Wifi powerline-Solution
2024-01-31 20:58:14 - last edited 2024-01-31 22:02:30

@MoarMacAddress 

What do you mean by " usual 8 clients connected ". The powerline adapters (nodes) that can be added to the same network is listed in this FAQ.

A wireless node like TL-WPA4220 can serve more than 8 wireless client devices though:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Maximum number of simultaneous clients - Wifi powerline
2024-01-31 22:01:07 - last edited 2024-01-31 22:01:38

@terziyski Hello, 

Sorry for any misuderstanding, I'm native belgian and only have a technical english. Nevertheless, you responded to the part I wanted.

You responded with something I disagreed and... Well, I checked my device before typing more question. Turns out after a full reset + update to the latest firmware, it does accept 9 clients. 

I spend 2 days digging the web after reading a post bragging about that limitation but never applied a reset+update on my device. I'm ashamed and grateful. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 2

Related Articles