Longueur max de CPL ??

Longueur max de CPL ??
Longueur max de CPL ??
2024-02-04 17:51:59 - last edited 2024-02-04 19:03:57
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20231027 Rel. 81602

Hello, everyone,

In the hope of getting WiFi cameras to work in two workshops that are a long way from my house, I've configured three P9s with no problem, all three work perfectly and connect to the boxe. The first is connected with the Ethernet cable and the other two use the CPL to form the rest of the new WiFi network. I should point out that the two workshops are powered by the house, so the same electricity network. The distance separating the workshops from the house is 20m and 35m respectively. If I plug both Decos into the first workshop, they're all operational, so it's perfect. Now, I plug in one in the workshop furthest away, and the light stays flashing red, and it's never connected to the wifi???

So the question is, is there a maximum cable distance for CPL links?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Longueur max de CPL ??
2024-02-06 11:43:09

@polo-assado 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If the Deco units are connected via an Ethernet cable, there is no limitation for the distance.

For the Powerline Backhaul, the electric wire distance is up to 300m.

The actual spatial distance might be affected by home appliances nearby and how the electric wires are deployed.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Longueur max de CPL ??
2024-02-06 20:24:20

@David-TP 

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm going to check the wiring on the electrical network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 2

Related Articles