Compatibility of DECO P9 with other CPL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-16 23:30:44
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to know if the DECO P9 will be compatible with a CPL like TL-PA8030P or TL-PA8010P ?

I am asking as I woud like

- to connect up to 3 devices, having ethernet connection only (no wifi), via CPL. 

- to create a mesh network for my wifi devices.

So far, I am using devices from another brand with CPL+Wifi. But they are quite old and do not offer support to create a mesh network.

Concretely: as my router is in the basement, I would plug it into a TL-PA8010P.

On each floor, I would place a DECO P9.

And at different places, I would plug a TL-PA8030P to connect wired camera, speakers, printers...

Would this work ? Especially as none of the DECO P9 would be connected on my router (which is connected on my modem)...

Thx a lot in adv for your expertise,

V.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Compatibility of DECO P9 with other CPL
2019-12-17 19:42:03

Answer : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/174132

Quite dissapointing :(

I don't know how to relay the network connection from the basement (highly isolated and blocking most signals) to the first TP-Link Deco P9...

Options
2019-12-18 02:41:41

@vletroye 

Thanks for your requesting. There is some misunderstanding. Actually you can connect them as what you mentioned to boost the wifi signal and create the mesh network. 

Per I said on that thread attached, they cannot build up the mesh network " together", but the Deco mesh network still exists. You can use the powerline adapter to provide internet and connect the Deco P9 to them. 

You can read the explanation about ethernet backhaul, the diagram you mentioned is kind of start network. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1794/ 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-18 06:16:20

Kevin_Z wrote

You can use the powerline adapter to provide internet and connect the Deco P9 to them. 

@Kevin_Z 

Do you mean that the Deco P9 must be connected on a TL-PA8030P with an Ethernet cable (this TL-PA8030P being connected via CPL on another one in the basement, where I plug the modem) ?

Or do you really mean, what I was expecting to do: connect the Deco P9 via CPL on the TL-PA8030P in the basement?

V.

Options
2021-06-28 07:30:30
Sorry to revive this thread. I have the exact same question as the others that have asked: Can I use 1 TL-PA8030P to connect to the same ethernet backhaul as the Deco P9 pls? i.e., in this case, I only plan to use 1 single TL-PA8030P to get Internet connectivity from the Deco P9 via ethernet. Thanks!
Options
2021-06-28 08:41:30

@oliverwestall 

Hi, I'm afraid the answer is NO, as Deco mesh and Onemesh are different technologies, they cannot build up the same mesh network. Please refer to the article below for more details:

Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh  (Q3/A3)

However, you can build up the Ethernet backhaul if you connect the Deco P9 via the powerline connection, which means you can get Ethernet backhaul working by connecting two powerline devices in the network as per Q6/A6 in the below article:

How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1947

Replies: 5