Help setting up 3G/4G Failover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-08 00:41:00 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:42:41

Hi, 

I was hoping someone could help

I live in a flat, and work from home. The job I do is customer service and if I have no Internet connection I don't get paid by employer. I also have a physical condition, which means I find it difficult to do things which require manual changing connections far out my reach

I have HC220-G5 as main router connected to ONT in the cupboard. Then a basic tp link switch connected to Ethernet extenders going across the flat. I have my main setup in the living area. I have another switch there for PC, Playstation. I purchased the Archer MR200, as the TL-MR6400 doesn't have 3G/4G failover. However, when the router is off, it is not recognising and failing over. I tried to even plug the PCs Ethernet cable into the Archer MR200, but then that wouldn't give the main broadband connection as primary. Also my employers use VPN

I am a noob when it comes to this, if there's anyone who can give some guidance would be much appreciated 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help setting up 3G/4G Failover-Solution
2024-02-21 08:20:09 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:42:41

@Husnaan 

Please refer to this thread to troubleshoot first.3G/4G Backup failover issue for LTE Gateway/Deco 4G/5G products 

If it still doesn't work, please provide a detailed topology of your whole network to show how they are connected and also the current issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help setting up 3G/4G Failover
2024-02-08 01:53:34 - last edited 2024-02-10 13:56:35

@Husnaan 

MR routers, so it's a regular eth jack. Use the load balancer and set it up.

The pinned post and configuration guide from Clive are very informative.

Be sure you read them. 😄

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2024-02-08 07:15:38 - last edited 2024-02-10 13:56:35

@Tedd404 I forgot to mention, I have the PC hard wired into the switch. Archer MR200 is connected to the same switch, I tried to plug the PC Ethernet into it but it's the Archer MR200 which needs to be the backup not main router. 

Options
2024-02-13 12:32:04

Is their anyone who can help in TP link community? 

Options
Re:Help setting up 3G/4G Failover-Solution
2024-02-21 08:20:09 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:42:41

@Husnaan 

Please refer to this thread to troubleshoot first.3G/4G Backup failover issue for LTE Gateway/Deco 4G/5G products 

If it still doesn't work, please provide a detailed topology of your whole network to show how they are connected and also the current issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 4

Related Articles