Problems with powerline plugs since edf smart meter installed

2024-02-09 13:04:37
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.8.0 v0050.0 Build 160518 Rel.50944n of router

Does anyone else have problems with a smart meter and their powerline plugs? I had my edf smart meter installed on 5th January. Since then I have had continuous dropouts and unexplained problems with my 6 powerline plugs and 2 repeaters. Wfi is working but ethernet was dropping with such messages as 'unable to connect to local networks, IP address incorrect'.

I went through all sorts of troubleshooting until I realised these problems have only been since the smart meter was installed. I have been running all the adaptors for over 7 years with no problems before.

I am now at the stage the the powerline plug connected to the router will not even see the network, so I have no ethernet through the mains circuit at all now.

My CCTV runs through the ethernet which means I can no longer access them.

Does anyone from tp-link have a solution. EDF say that their meter is functioning correctly and it is not their problem.

My router is a TP-Link Archer VR2600 and I have various powerlink devices from 1000mb to 500mb  bit speeds

Glyderman

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with powerline plugs since edf smart meter installed
2024-02-10 19:17:37

@glyderman 

Hi,

Can you still establish a stable network connection between any two of your six Powerline adapters? (e.g. between two computers or one computer and the CCTV or so)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 1

Related Articles