Ax72 v.01 keeps crashing

Ax72 v.01 keeps crashing

Ax72 v.01 keeps crashing
Ax72 v.01 keeps crashing
2024-02-09 22:20:45
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 build 20230927 rel.58345

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I'm really considering turning easymesh off and going back to having a main and 2 satellites in AP mode. 

I keep having nothing but problems with my network since ive moved over to easy mesh. 

3xax72 in mesh

Long story short when I switched over when I first did the easy mesh I had a horrendous network crash I have made a different post explaining about what happened. 

All I keep getting lately is I'll have a massive network crash and  I'll have devices kicked off the WiFi as well as hard wired devices until I finally reboot the network. 

I'll have some devices stay connected and work when others are kicked off and won't be allowed to connect back to the network. 

This happens with wifi devices as well as hard wired devices.

My main ax72 will still have all the lights on and all green during the crash. 

The last 2 days I've noticed on the Web gui that 2 of my lan cables that are connected have dropped to 100mbps full duplex whilst one stayed at 1000mbps full duplex.

I've unplugged them and plugged them back in.

One has gone back to 1000mbps full duplex the other has stayed at 100mbps full duplex. 

I'm going to be running a new ethernet just to make sure it's not a cable issue as this one goes to my man cave at bottom of my garden. 

I've not noticed my main unit becoming hot when it's crashed plus its in a well ventilated area and it's quite a cold spot where its located. 

My main unit has done this crash when I've unplugged my lan cables and plugged them back in,  to me this indicates its crashing when the cpu or memory maxes out and causing it to crash but I'm not able to check this as I can't log into the router when it's in this crash. 

I've tried looking at the web gui logs and the cpu loads but after a reboot it's showing low loads and no problems.  

ive even looked in the system logs but nothing is jumping out regarding crashes ect. 

If I am able to connect to the main unit via tether when its having this crash it will most of the time say its not online, log in failed if problems persist reboot or contact tp link tech support. 

I've had to do a full system reboot and all seems to work as should for how long nobody knows🤷🏼‍♂️. 

I don't have any Nas devices connected to the network or any USB connected to the units. 

The average amount of online connected devices daily are between 30-40 devices and definitely not all streaming or being used at one time. 

The most I've had online at one time when I've had family and friends over is 50max and it's not crashed then. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:Ax72 v.01 keeps crashing
2024-02-10 15:53:53

@Basboi85 

Changed over the ethernet cable that i suspected had broke down on the mancave satellite is now back to 1000mbps full duplex 

Still getting the network crash.

as soon as I plugged in the ethernet to main router. 

Had to reboot the main router twice before it would let me connect back to it on WiFi even though it was showing my wifi is active. 

Options
2024-02-11 13:02:21

@Basboi85 

And again it's crashed 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Says I have wifi but won't let me connect

It started self reboot  1st 3 lights was on then all lights went out but power light kept flashing then router then all lights went out for 2 mins now powered on and seems tp be running as normal 

Options
2024-02-20 06:47:13

@Basboi85 

Hi, may I know how the three Archer AX72 routers are connected to each other?

Do the two satellite routers connect to main router directly via Ethernet cable? and is there any switch between them?

On the main router EasyMesh page, please check if they are using Ethernet Backhaul or WiFi Backhaul, share with us the screenshots as well.

Besides, are there specific steps that could trigger the network crash now for debugging? or how often it usually happens on its own?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-20 10:46:45 - last edited 2024-02-20 11:29:57

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine thanks for getting back to me. 

They are all connected via ethernet 

Lan 4 is my man cave Ax72,

And my top floor Ax72 is on the top floor of my 2 storey house, my  Ax72 on the top floor is on either lan 1 or 2 but it does have a tp link 24port gb unmanaged switch between it. 

My network layout goes as 

Main Ax72

lan cable on lan 1 to a tp link 24 port GB unmanaged switch (  TL-SG1024D) then I have about 12 ports populated off that. 

Lan cable on lan 2 also goes to another tp link 24 port gb unmanaged switch ( TL-SG1024D) and then has about 16 ports populated 

The top floor AX72 has no devices connected to the lan ports it just emits wifi for my top floor as i have a 2 story house as the very back room suffers from wifi even though the ax72 emits a very high range there is about 5 solid walls between the router and that room gets really low signal understandably. 

Lan 3 nothing connected 

Lan 4 has a outdoor rated 25M ethernet that runs to the bottom of my garden into my outbuilding to my ax72 then all I have connected to mancave ax72 is a tp link outdoor cctv camera via ethernet, a wifi plug to control lights and a alexa puck via wifi 

I chose to split the lan connections via 2 switches to help with load balancing also if one of the 2 switches was to break/go down I could switch over a few ports to keep the ports that was needed Up and running until I replaced the switch.  

Please note that even though the switches have populated ports they all aren't being used. 

Each bedroom has a 4 port lan socket 

bedroom 1 has 3/4 ports being used 

bedroom 2 has 0/4 ports being used 

Bedroom 3 has 2/4 ports being used 

Bedroom 4 has 2/4 ports being used

And my living room has a 6 port socket that only has 3/6 that are being used. 

I couldn't even pin point why most of the time it has crashed it just kicks everyone off wifi and lan connections stop Even though all lights are on the main unit and when you search for the wifi it shows its there but as shown in pic in above post it refuses to allow you to connect. 

However I have noticed strangley that some devices that are connected via lan or wifi will work and then eventually stop all together This can be either a tp link wifi camera or my alexa cube connected via lan. 

It has crashed during the day and also in the evening Whether all my kids are at school or at home. 

Ive recently changed my mancave cable as i think that had broken down (gone from gb full duplex to 100mb full duplex)  and when i connected that to the main unit that had made it crash aswell 

Im having major issues still with my tether app forgetting settings so i re input the settings again  it then forgets it even though it says success and that makes it crash. 

I have made other posts about this issue. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/655838

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/650280?replyId=1312126

I then have to turn the main unit off for 10-15 seconds then reboot the main unit. 

I hate to tempt fate but for the last 3-4 days it hasn't crashed that I'm aware of. 

I did have a power cut a few days ago and the power was off for just over a hour and since then it's not happened but then I haven't touched anything and just left it completely alone as it has been working. 

I do need to change my wifi channel as for some reason my main unit has decided to change channels and now my wifi speeds have dropped but that means I have to go into the settings but I'm pretty sure it will then in turn crash the unit. 

Options
2024-02-22 08:38:56

@Basboi85 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-22 08:45:14

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine, 

Many thanks for your help in this matter, 

Really appreciate it 👍🏻

Options
2024-03-17 20:19:52
Did the team reached out to you or it was just a fake promise
Options
2024-03-17 20:45:41

@Sagar0077 

Hi I did get a reach out eventually, I got sent the latest update before it was released. 

It seemed to have stopped the random crashing but still i suffer with the crashing if I try and change settings via tether app. 

Tried changing wifi channel from 44 as its getting alot of interference/heavily congested and it kept refusing to change channels, kept saying failed, after the 3rd attempt it went through the usual sequence. 

Kicked everything off via wifi and ethernet, 

Then had to reboot all 3 of my ax72's One by one for all to be happy again and not tried since as its apparent the issues are still there. 

I've noticed aswell if I want to load my family profiles it takes a good minute to load to the first part of the profiles page before it shows my actual profiles, 

It takes about a extra 30 seconds on top for it to load and show me the actual profiles. 

Not sure what has happened in the last couple  updates bit everything has seemed to have slowed right down when it comes to loading info via the tether app. 

Options
2024-03-17 21:28:26

Took 38.11 seconds to load this then 

Took  48.6 seconds to get here, 

This is pretty quick to what I have been getting. 

Not sure if this is the same for everyone but it used to be alot faster than this a few updates back tp where it wouldve fully loaded showing the profiles within I'd say 20 seconds

@Basboi85 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 9

Related Articles