Is this router can connect to optical fiber?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-10 10:13:21
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm trying to connect this routet to fiber cable through "bridge". Can't configure router settings to work with fiber. 
Anybody?

Thanks in advance. 
Boazf

Options
7 Reply
Re:Is this router can connect to optical fiber?
2024-02-10 11:38:01

@Boazf 

No, this is a DSL modem router which uses POTS (RJ-11) to receive its signal from the ISP. There no port for fiber optics on these modem routers.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-10 14:26:12

@terziyski router connected through bridge. Not firectly. Still?

Options
2024-02-10 14:51:29

@Boazf 

If you want to configure this modem as an access point just follow this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-11 12:51:05

@terziyski 

Well, I've succeeded in connecting this router (through 'bridge') to an optical fiver cable. This was made possible after reading some guides here. In one sentence: I used "WI-FI router" mode and change other relevant settings accordingly.

But, although this router should support 300mb speed connection, I get only 100mb (through lan connection between computer and router). Wi-Fi speed is even lower.

Any Ideas regarding this issue?

Thx in advance.

Boaz

Options
2024-02-11 17:40:04

@Boazf 

This modem has 4 10/100Mbps RJ45 Ports - so no more that 100mbps you'll get from its LAN ports.

Options
2024-02-12 06:53:47

@terziyski 

Thanks!

Options
2024-02-15 16:31:05

Yes, this router supports fiber connections via bridge  niva follow mode. You may need to adjust the router settings to ensure compatibility with your fiber cable. Check the user manual or reach out to technical support for assistance. Good luck!

Options