WDS extender question

WDS extender question
WDS extender question
2024-02-11 20:43:17
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I have successfully setup my router to act as an Extender using WDS settings however in doing so I can no longer access my router settings.

I understand that the main router must have assigned a new IP address but I cannot find it anywhere.

I need these settings to quickly change networks and still be able to use my router as an Extender. Where can I find the new IP and how can I assign a new one? I am using windows 11 but unable to find anything on this.

Please help 

Options
2 Reply
Re:WDS extender question
2024-02-11 21:34:49

@gt_thegame 

Hi,

If the main router has assigned a new IP address via DHCP to your Archer C7, then you should find that IP address in the main router's DHCP client list.

In case you have already connected other client devices to the Archer C7, then it's actually possible the Archer C7's IP address is being shown as assigned to another device name.

Anyway, when using things like WDS or AP mode or Repeater mode it's always a good idea to assign a LAN IP address manually and not rely on DHCP or Smart-IP. That way you will know what the IP address is.

Options
Re:WDS extender question
2024-02-11 23:01:09 - last edited 2024-02-11 23:01:40

@gt_thegame 

A possible way to find the router's IP address is to use a software like Advanced IP scanner:

Usually TP-Link wireless routers appear after a LAN scan with the name "TP-Link".

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 2

Related Articles