CPL kit makes router lose internet

2024-02-12 14:52:57
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I bought a powerline kit from TP-Link a few years ago, with a TL-PA8010P as the adapter and a TL-WPA8630P as the extender. I really love these little guys.

Back then, I had a Swisscom Internet Box 1, and a very slow internet (10 Mbps) but everything was working! Then I had Swisscom fix the low speed issue for me, and got an Internet Box 2. I was getting 70 Mbps and I was so happy 😀

But then if I were to use too much internet out of the CPL kit or do a speedtest, the router would lose internet and I would have to reboot it.

I assumed there was some old wiring interfering in the walls or whatever so I had a technician install LAN cables inside the walls. Problem solved!

NOW, years later, I'm on a trip, and the place where I stay has a Swisscom Internet Box 3. So I decided to bring my powerline kit. Guess what... router losing internet issue AGAIN! Completely different house, and the wiring is nowhere near as old.

I successfully upgraded the firmware on BOTH the powerline adapter and extender. Same issue!

Is this a known problem, and is there any fix for it? This makes no sense to me!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 0

Related Articles