No connection after firmware update on the WLAN 2.4 GHz band with meross smart plug

No connection after firmware update on the WLAN 2.4 GHz band with meross smart plug

2024-02-18 09:48:16 - last edited 2024-02-28 03:08:09
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Hello, 

I have a problem when I update the firmware on the EAP670(EU) v1.0 from version 1.06 to a newer firmware, regardless of whether this is version 1.0.11, .12 or .14. My Meross WLAN sockets can no longer connect to the EAP 670 via the 2.4 GHz WLAN. As soon as I install the old firmware 1.0.6 on the EAP670 again, everything works again.

What can I change so that the WLAN sockets also work with the new firmware? 

Devices:

Meross model: mss425f Firmware: 4.2.3 Hardware: 4.0.0

regards 

Marco

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No connection after firmware update on the WLAN 2.4 GHz band with meross smart plug -Solution
2024-02-19 09:03:42 - last edited 2024-02-28 03:08:09

Hi @Marco42,

The PMF feature was supported since Omada Controller v5.7, which requires to upgrade the EAP device firmware to take effect. The previous firmware is not adapted to controller 5.7, that is, the previous firmware doesn't support the PMF feature, thus the PMF configuration with "Mandatory" won't affect the connection of non-PMF-capable clients.

While the EAP670 new firmware is adapted to controller 5.9, which supports the PMF feature, so changing PMF from "Mandatory" to "Capable" can fix the issue. If your clients still has connection issue with the "Capable" option, you may disable PMF for the network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:No connection after firmware update on the WLAN 2.4 GHz band with meross smart plug -Solution
2024-02-19 09:03:42 - last edited 2024-02-28 03:08:09

Hi @Marco42,

The PMF feature was supported since Omada Controller v5.7, which requires to upgrade the EAP device firmware to take effect. The previous firmware is not adapted to controller 5.7, that is, the previous firmware doesn't support the PMF feature, thus the PMF configuration with "Mandatory" won't affect the connection of non-PMF-capable clients.

While the EAP670 new firmware is adapted to controller 5.9, which supports the PMF feature, so changing PMF from "Mandatory" to "Capable" can fix the issue. If your clients still has connection issue with the "Capable" option, you may disable PMF for the network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No connection after firmware update on the WLAN 2.4 GHz band with meross smart plug
2024-02-27 05:34:48

@Hank21 

Thank you for the explanation. The change to "Capable" worked for me, so everything is running as usual again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 2

Related Articles