Problems with new WLAN´s in Omada

2023-12-20 09:37:59 - last edited 2023-12-24 07:37:16
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi @alI.

installed the Omada controller on the Synology a few weeks ago. I have transferred (adopted) my 3 access points to the controller and everything is going very well so far.
Yesterday I wanted to set up a new WLAN (SSID) in the same WLAN group. It was also displayed, but I couldn't connect to it with any other end device. What am I doing wrong, or is there anything else I need to bear in mind if I want to set up new WLANs at a later date (after installing the controller)
Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problems with new WLAN´s in Omada-Solution
2023-12-24 07:37:11 - last edited 2023-12-24 07:37:16

After spending hours trying to get the thing working again, I found the solution.
For me, it was incomprehensible and also incomprehensible. I hard reset the modem, which is connected to the fiber optic line and distributes the Internet to the devices via Lan --> Switch. Now you can add new devices to all SSIDs again.

It's great that it works again, but I would like to understand why a modem that only loops the signal through is responsible for not being able to register new devices in the network? Absolutely no idea...

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Problems with new WLAN´s in Omada
2023-12-20 14:29:26

@maluc1979 

When you say 'can't connect'...do you mean you don't see the new SSID being broadcast, or you can see it, but just not pass authentication?  Have you tried 'Force Provisioning' one of the APs to see if that makes a change?  How did you set up the new SSID...was it PPSK?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-12-21 06:56:50

@d0ugmac1 The authentication fails - try to connect several minutes and nothing happens. These are my settings.

What do you mean with  'Force Provisioning' ?

Options
2023-12-21 14:32:33

@maluc1979 

Disable the 6Ghz tick box in SSID definition, use WPA2-PSK for authentication.  Save settings, then reboot everything.  Eap670 don't support 6Ghz and I have a similar issue with Eap615 wall when 6Ghz is enabled.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-12-23 16:53:08

No chance to log in with a new device. I tried your settings. I have no idea why no one can go to my wlan, also in the existing one. Each new device can´t connect - get no iP.

Options
Re:Problems with new WLAN´s in Omada-Solution
2023-12-24 07:37:11 - last edited 2023-12-24 07:37:16

After spending hours trying to get the thing working again, I found the solution.
For me, it was incomprehensible and also incomprehensible. I hard reset the modem, which is connected to the fiber optic line and distributes the Internet to the devices via Lan --> Switch. Now you can add new devices to all SSIDs again.

It's great that it works again, but I would like to understand why a modem that only loops the signal through is responsible for not being able to register new devices in the network? Absolutely no idea...

Recommended Solution
Options